Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia!

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the forum. I just bought the course a couple of days ago. I'm really looking forward to learning from everyone, getting your feedback and refining my voice. I have been singing since I was 8 years old. Mostly Rock & Roll. I've been in several bands over the years and I'm very active in my church. I'm received quite well at church, but my Rock music never went over that well. I was always under the assumption that the voice I was born with WAS my voice. I always tried my best and when people told me I needed voice lessons, I thought they were insulting me and I took offense. I now realize that they were right all along and that true singing is a skill to be acquired and a muscle to be built. So, now I am working hard to truly learn how to sing. I have been studying Ken's free content and practicing his exercises. I saw significant growth & improvement in my voice just from the free content. So, I decided that, before I got too far along, I needed to buy the course so I could follow Ken's teachings properly, from the ground up, learning all the details, in the correct order. I spent most of yesterday downloading and unpacking the course (Thank God that I have fast internet at my place of business!). Definitely feels like starting over. I'm working on giving the Volume 1 videos a once through. I watched about a dozen videos this morning and my head's spinning a little. So much information! Needs to sink in. I'll have to re-watch them multiple times, I'm sure. I'm putting my singing on pause for a couple of days while I get the gist of the content. Then, I'll dive into the exercises, head first! I'm so excited to have this course and be a part of this community! I look forward to getting to know you guys and your awesome voices!

Comments

• Options
    sagemacgsagemacg 2.0 PRO Posts: 240
    @Zander_Powers Welcome! There's so much to learn, for sure. You'll discover things about your voice you never could have imagined! Looking forward to hearing your progress :)
  • Options
    Zander_PowersZander_Powers 2.0 PRO Posts: 5
    @sagemacg Thank you! The Journey begins! B)
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    edited April 2019
    Welcome to "The Real" Zander :tongue:
    It is good to have you here.
  • Options
    @HuduVudu Thanks! I appreciate that warm welcome! :)
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Zander_Powers,

a very warm Welcome also from Germany. Good to see you on 2.0 PRO. A very good choice.

Doc
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @doc_ramadani Hello and Thank You! I'm very excited about my choice. It seemed like the best option to start with. I've got my work cut out for me, but it's going to be a lot of fun and I'm eager to see how I develop.
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Zander_Powers,

if you visit these forums regularly you WILL have a lot of fun.

First, to make it easier to have an overlook what is happening in the forums:

When you enter the forums the normal way you will see the "category view!. You can see all the categories with the last 5 discussions that were active in this category. This can sometimes be a bit confusing because you can not see what is happening in the different categories on the first look. Many students, including myself, prefer the "discussions view". In the the "discussions view" you can see the last discussion regardless in which category they have been posted. If you look at the top line of your browsers window yon can read "Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singers Forum" (or if you are on a mobile device "KTVA Singers Forum). Next to it it says "Categories" - "Discussions" - "Activity" - ... Click on "Discussions" and you are in the "discussions view". For me, this view is easier because I can see all the latest things that happened in the forums.

Doc
  • Options
    @doc_ramadani Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. I'll be sure to check "Discussions" for the latest updates. Thank you.