Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Misty Mountains Cold, different versions

Hello my friends. I will start and post some covers o misty mountain cold. As i posted in the welcome area, i am not a singer and i have a contra bass voice (in Russia this type of voice they call it, Oktavist). The first video is in beast mode, around my speaking voice, in contra oktave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuzBnHbCBw&t=2s

These three videos recorded yestarday night. A friend was playing guitar and i improvise with what ever came to my mind. I don't have almost any experience in singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBf-YsTCvnI&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Azegb4FZqw

This version is a fun version but do it for experience, i almost died laughing in the beggining because i was trying to sing very soflty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQwQQPLjEc

Please post your opinion!!

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    edited February 2019
    Oooh! This is a very interesting choice.
    I LOVE the Hobbit by the way!
    I read all of the LOTR books first then went with the Hobbit.
    I feel you have a pretty good idea of how support works. It could do a little tweaking but it's pretty good.
    The first one was a bit overkill if you ask me LOL. You went off pitch a couple of times but I know it's really hard to sometimes control those really low notes. You can shake the ground with that voice!
    I really like the last one. It really transmits the emotion out of all of them! Although you went really nasal almost like Bee Gees at 1:07.

If you work on it you will have a pretty awesome voice!

Wish you the best,

-Diego
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Ioannis
    Diego said:

-Diego

I agree with Diego. And it seems that you and your friend had a lot of fun. :D

Doc

• IoannisIoannis Member Posts: 13
    Diego said:

Oooh! This is a very interesting choice.
    I LOVE the Hobbit by the way!
    I read all of the LOTR books first then went with the Hobbit.
    I feel you have a pretty good idea of how support works. It could do a little tweaking but it's pretty good.
    The first one was a bit overkill if you ask me LOL. You went off pitch a couple of times but I know it's really hard to sometimes control those really low notes. You can shake the ground with that voice!
    I really like the last one. It really transmits the emotion out of all of them! Although you went really nasal almost like Bee Gees at 1:07.

Wish you the best,

-Diego

Hi Diego, thank you for the feedback!! I am pretty stressed with my work and lost you, guys, for about 3 months now.

Yesterday i sung for the first time something without contra notes, haha. I will post it in a different post and i hope you like it

Hi @Ioannis

Diego said:

-Diego

I agree with Diego. And it seems that you and your friend had a lot of fun. :D

Doc

Yes, we had a lot of fun, especially me because i start to sing at my 42 with a choir, now i am 44 and a new solist.
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    edited May 2019
    Congratulations on being a new soloist! That is fantastic.

I am also a big Tolkien fan. I read the stories very year for roughly 20 years until the movies came out. Have also read The Silmarillion and The Lost Tales many times over the years.

Love your renditions here. I had cassette recordings of Tolkien reading to his children, and if you throw in a few booming brooms, the first one could be the ents singing. The second would be the men, and the last the elves.

Sounds like you had a good time.
    Mysti said:

Congratulations on being a new soloist! That is fantastic.

I am also a big Tolkien fan. I read the stories very year for roughly 20 years until the movies came out. Have also read The Silmarillion and The Lost Tales many times over the years.

Love your renditions here. I had cassette recordings of Tolkien reading to his children, and if you throw in a few booming brooms, the first one could be the ents singing. The second would be the men, and the last the elves.

Sounds like you had a good time.

I have only read the Lord of the Rings but i must read and the others. Thanks for the post, i will try and do my best.