Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

My second recording :) Ave Maria - Beyoncé

Hi guys im back after a week! I have been practicing breathing exercises and i think they have helped me a little. Now im worried because i feel like my sound is trapped, like it feels so closed i dont feel resonance in it. I´m kinda lost right now I don´t have idea on what to practice in the meantime I will keep going with scales and breathing exercises. By the way this was the best recording that I have made this week the other ones are not that good.

https://soundcloud.com/kevin-cisneros-841541885/amateur-cover-ave-maria-beyonce

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Have you checked out the videos on the diaphragm? I think that might help with your issue on not getting the resonance you are looking for. Keep up ur practice mate, good job!
  • Soul_MateSoul_Mate 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 47
    Hey Thanks im on it, im doing diaphragm exercises everyday and yeah i can feel better while i sing
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Kevin,

wow, nice job. I agree with Wigs that you should work on your diaphragmatic support. You come a very good starting point. Very good musical feeling. Work on it - you will love it.

Doc
  • Soul_MateSoul_Mate 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 47
    Wow doc thanks so much for the feedback. Im working on my resonance on high notes and on the raised soft palate and my air flow too. Thanks guys for the support i really appreciate it
  • WendyJaneWendyJane 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    @soulmate I like your tone and enjoyed listening to you. I too am working on diaphragmatic support and finding resonance, but isn't it great to have so much support on here. Enjoy you're singing journey Kevin and I look forward to hearing more of your work. :)