Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Just 1 week of KTVA lessons! Cover/Karaoke Stevie Nicks - For What it's Worth

Okay.. I've been told I sound a lot like Stevie Nicks, and I couldn't find a karaoke version of this song, so I sang along with it. I have since found a somewhat suitable way of removing vocals from the original, so I'll post that version later on. This is for voice comparison. Hopefully you can hear both voices here and there, enough to make an evaluation. For fun, instead of forcing you to watch me sing the whole time, I slipped in some random videos and pics of my own. Three out of four kitties.. Caroline, Hemingway and FatBoy make a cameo appearance. The photographer is taking a shot of me standing next to a lifesized cardboard cutout of Miss Nicks, used in a local newspaper article about how I look and sound like her. The Hawaiian word 'Aumakua (ah oo mah koo ah) means "totem animal" or animal one feels closely bonded to. And finally, the critter at the very end is a creation of mine when I was studying the art of animation in 2007.
This, by the way, is after only 1 week of studying/practicing at KTVA!
As they say.... Here goes nuthin' ...

https://youtu.be/_mMoVn63GPg

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Sounds pretty similar, haha.
    As it is, it's a little distracting to give feedback of the actual voice because of both voices at the same time.
    But like you said the goal of this is for comparison. So it's pretty close.
    Good job.

Looking forward to the other version!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @BarbieLynn,

thanks for posting your video. To give detailed feedback on sing-a-longs is very hard because we can hardly decide what is the original voice and what the voice of the student. I think you have to wait for the critique until we can hear the new version.

Doc
  • BarbieLynnBarbieLynn 2.0 PRO Posts: 56
    @doc_ramadani
    Thanks! You gave me the answer I was looking for. If it is difficult to tell who's voice is who's, then that means my "natural" voice (not trying to sound like anyone else) IS still very close to Miss Nicks. I had quite a few months where I wasn't singing, then 9 weeks of dental work, so I was not sure if my own voice still sounded so close to hers. Good. Now I can go on and do things on my own. Awesome. Yayyy! I think I have a different song in mind that better demonstrates my range (and progress). Stay tuned!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    My radio is ready to receive. :smile: