Home Vocal Health and Wellness

jaw tension or jaw pain

does anybody else have any proplems with jaw pain or tension, its not tmj but its the muscles in my face and only on one side doesnt hurt when i close my mouth or chew just only when i open it, any advice

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi mate, @miahangel2084

pain is never a good sign. So it would be helpful if you would call it rather tension OR pain. If you observe real pain it might be that you do something totally wrong. Tension can happen at the beginning but should be avoided as best as possible.

What Volume your are doing right at the moment?

Since you bought the course it would be better if you would ask your question in the respective sub-category under the categories for the different volumes, i.e. Volume 1 -> GETTTING STARTED!!!. We can give you much more detailed informations there.

Doc
  • miahangel2084miahangel2084 2.0 PRO Posts: 7
    @doc_ramadani im in volume 1 lesson 20, ive found some stretches to do with my tongue on youtube and it seems to be helping alot but still its like the muscles in my face and jaw are so tight and fixed after doing scales that once i close my mouth it hurts to reopen it and occasionaly in between scales i will massage it and it helps to just didnt know if there was anything i was doing wrong
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @miahangel2084,

I can see that you status has been updated to "2.0 PRO". Very wise choice to pick the "Course + ProPacks". To be able to give you good advice it would be best if you could post a video (hips to head) showing you doing the basic LAH triad scale in the Getting started section.

Doc
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i had a tight jaw in the beginning, maybe still have, always had a bit of a problem with one side. not sure if it is similar to what you have tho. what i did was, in between the scales, i would open my mouth as far as i can, so you get some stretching happening. i did it for a while after every scale, and it seemed to help. you can also randomly open your mouth during the day, but i found it easier to remember it while i was exercising anyway. i also did some youtube stretches/massages which seemed to help. hope you can sort it. and as @doc_ramadani said, if it is actual pain, be careful.