Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hey there!

Hello,
My name is Everardo, and I'm Brazilian living in the US.
I just joined Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy after following the youtube channel for a while.
I'm a drummer, and I've been playing drums since 2001, but I always felt that I could be a singer as well. Why? I have no idea.. my voice sucks.. at least for now.

Three months ago, I hired the singer of a band that I like a lot to be my vocal teacher, but I noticed that it's not working for me because of scheduling conflicts.

The time I have to practice is during my commute since I spent over 2h a day stuck in traffic. Do you guys think it's doable?

Cheers, guys! I'm very excited about being here!

Comments

• d1g2w3d1g2w3 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 465
    Hey Everardo,

I'm danny, living in austin, texas.
    Welcome to the program!

I dedicate time outside of the car and only do it in the car when I absolutely have to.

I find that doing it in the car, because you're cramped up, it's hard to get the "feeling" you require at the start when you're learning.

Obviously you have a lot of time in the commute so you will have to work a little harder to ensure you dont do something wrong but I know a lot of people who do it.

Just make sure you try and use these forums and maybe dedicate once a week where you do it outside the car.

Please to meet you and look forward to hearing your progress.

Peace,

Danny
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Greeting from Australia 🙂 I actually spend more of my time practicing in a car than standing. It's totally do-able but does add a bit of complexity since you have to get used to the sensation of support in 2 different positions while you learn.
    Standing is best so whenever you can, practice that way.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Everardo,

welcome from Germany. My name is Marco and I joined the course 15 months ago. I used to sing while commuting but noticed that the my practice time is not as effective as when singing standing upright in the basement. I do now ear training or try to learn lyrics while commuting.

Doc
  • everardofilhoeverardofilho 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tips, guys!! Although my main practice will be in the car because I have no choice, I will make some time to practice outside of the car as well.

I will record some stuff soon!!

Cheers
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Welcome from Ohio, USA,
    Chris
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Welcome! Good to have you here!