Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

How’s it going people?

Hey guys, I’m Ben. Nice to meet you all. I’m actually curious to get feedback on my singing and also some tips on not getting vocal strain after singing in the audience while a worship team is playing. I feel like I must be singing louder to hear myself and straining as a result. Makes me think of when Ken Tamplin talks about using more and more air to get out notes (especially on e’s).

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7kS777Y0CQ[/video]

Appreciate any and all feedback!

Comments

• BenFTWBenFTW Member Posts: 6
    Quiet place... lol 😕
  • @BenFTW You posted this at 12:43 AM my time, and I'm just seeing it now at 7:00 AM while waking up with my morning coffee. Please be patient -- everyone here has a job, a family, a life...
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Sounds pretty good man, welcome by the way. @BenFTW

You seem to sing louder in some parts than neccessary, try to relax a bit more. You are pushing a little too much than you would want in some phrases.Try doing these same notes with less volume and practice your control of volume. Your voice reminds me of somebody and I can't seem to remember. I'll edit the post when I remember.

You have a pretty decent voice. I can't really go much into detail since you don't own the course.

Also, the threads can get a bit lost sometimes, because we answer a lot and people post a lot by the time we get to see them.

Good job.
    Sophia said:

@BenFTW You posted this at 12:43 AM my time, and I'm just seeing it now at 7:00 AM while waking up with my morning coffee. Please be patient -- everyone here has a job, a family, a life...

😲

Still waiting for that coffee to kick in I see. Lol 😅

It’s all good Sophia, didn’t mean to upset you. I didn’t realize the activity was so low on these forums is all. Six hours plus and no response. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Figured me typing that would bump the thread and maybe get a response. It worked! Haha

Enjoy your coffee... ☕️

Diego said:

Sounds pretty good man, welcome by the way. @BenFTW

You seem to sing louder in some parts than neccessary, try to relax a bit more. You are pushing a little too much than you would want in some phrases.Try doing these same notes with less volume and practice your control of volume. Your voice reminds me of somebody and I can't seem to remember. I'll edit the post when I remember.

You have a pretty decent voice. I can't really go much into detail since you don't own the course.

Also, the threads can get a bit lost sometimes, because we answer a lot and people post a lot by the time we get to see them.

Good job.

Hey! Thanks for the constructive feedback and friendly welcome. 👍🏻

One person once compared me to Josh Garrels... but it may have just been the way I sang a song. Lol

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi mate and welcome🙂 Have you had a good dig around Ken's YouTube channel for tips? The one about belting comes to mind if you want more projection from your voice without having to shout. Also check out the ones about diaphragmatic support and singing without tension. I like your unique style as well, it's just a matter of controlling your self when singing with others I think. Maybe try to sing beautifully for those around you rather than trying to be heard by everyone.
    Also I know it can be a bit of an anxious wait until someone gets a chance to listen. We do have a really supportive community here, but like everything there can be lulls in activity. You are very welcome to help to be a contributor, and listen to other people demos and offer some constructive advice. 😉
    Wigs said:

Hi mate and welcome🙂 Have you had a good dig around Ken's YouTube channel for tips? The one about belting comes to mind if you want more projection from your voice without having to shout. Also check out the ones about diaphragmatic support and singing without tension. I like your unique style as well, it's just a matter of controlling your self when singing with others I think. Maybe try to sing beautifully for those around you rather than trying to be heard by everyone.
    Also I know it can be a bit of an anxious wait until someone gets a chance to listen. We do have a really supportive community here, but like everything there can be lulls in activity. You are very welcome to help to be a contributor, and listen to other people demos and offer some constructive advice. 😉

Hey cool, thank you. People tell me that often since I’ve stepped out and started showing me singing. That I have a “unique style.” What exactly is unique about it (just looking for some details) @Wigs ?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Ben,

personally I like your tone. For me it is that that is unique.

Doc
    edited October 2019

Hi Ben,

personally I like your tone. For me it is that that is unique.

Doc

Heyyy, thanks. Someone told me they like my timbre, and I guess that’s another way of saying tone @doc_ramadani
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Yes, that's right. Here at KTVA we use mostly the term "tone". Doc