Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Budapest Cover by RoddyB on You Tube!

RoddyBRoddyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
Hey all!

So i spent a few hours this afternoon after work and made this, my first actual you tube video. Well its not my first video but its my first solo cover for the purpose of these Demos.

Just a basic sm 57. And using Mix Pad multi track recording software. Which Im currently learning how to use. Compression is critical but im a noob at it.

I think its pretty good for a 1st effort :)

@doc_ramadani @Sophia @Diego @highmtn @GaryDrumm @Wigs @samw2019 Anyone else I should tag?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeQlmbPyrxo

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Roddy, @RoddyB

congratulations! Your first presentation as a solo singer is pretty good. For a debut it is awesome. I already can hear a lot of good things in there. You will get more and more comfortable with every recording you do. When you come to the point you are able to rely on technique and get into the song it will sound even more relaxed.

You can be proud of yourself. I am curios on your next demos.

Doc
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This song is so much fun to sing! There are so many pockets to find and you did great with ones like "change" and the oohs around 30s. :smiley:

Bravo!
  • Options
    GaryDrummGaryDrumm 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    This is a great first recording. You did a great job on the transition into your head voice. Nice runs. Good tone and annunciation. All around fantastic job. Look forward to seeing and hearing more.
  • Options
    samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Nice one Roddy, nothing wrong a good SM57 some genius music has been sung on those. Nice recording and video man and good vocal I liked it all the way thru, Peace.