Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

12 Month on the KTVA Course Cover Elton - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word. (1/2 Step Down)

VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
Hi Folks

12 Months on the KTVA course and finally got round to finishing this song and it was a song I done at the start so will post a link at the bottom of the page as a before and after. Work really hard at this song and decided to do it a half step down from the original, was more comfortable for me and only processing I used was little reverb and normalize. Learned the song in 2 half’s but managed to do it in one take.

This took alot of work to get the pitching much better and one main thing I realised was dropping support at the end of phrases not finishing on the correct notes. With the help of sing scope, many many repetitions with line at a time and whole lot of patience to get it close really happy with my progress.

I would like to Tag - @Ken Tamplin @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @Klaus_T @coffeecrank @Rick_amateur @DogMeat @Mysti @Sophia @Diego @blondiewales @Raphael_Hussl @Chris82 @cwcw @maximgottmer @sagemacg @HuduVudu @Gaston_Jauregui @bentk @LoneWolfRogue @samw2019 @Furious_Phil

Critique welcome

This was 12 months After

https://youtu.be/1_aQjF_3ym4

Before

https://soundcloud.com/user-655368135-887002322/sorry-seems-to-be-the-hardest-word-in-the-style-of-elton-john/s-Gy1Yv

Vocality :)

Comments

• Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Wow! I loved it! Your voice has grown tremendously my man! Your performance truly got me into the story of the song and I felt your emotions bleeding through. Mission accomplished that was a super performance!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Mate!!!! Such a massive difference, so much improvement, I got some goose bumps. You have had such a long journey to get to this point, I'd be giving a massive hug to you right now 🤗 I hope that this brings inspiration to others that this course does make a difference when you apply yourself. You nailed some beautiful notes in there and pitch and melody keep getting better! I am so happy for you🎤😁
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Chris82 @Wigs

Thanks guys really wanted to do the 12 month well, that was not easy and put a ton of effort in the results are a big reward. My musical ear is getting better with interval training do that daily and think need to work on head voice soon it's a bit fluty sounding.

George :)

• maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Chilling start, amazing progress, Nice phrasing, nice vibrato, way To go!
    @coffeecrank Thanks big improvements what a difference a year makes, have no vocal training before starting this course and redoing this song have learned a lot.

@maximgottmer Thanks really wanted to nail the melody and happy I was able to achieve that goal.

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    George,

I am impressed. Very nice tones you have in there. It is great to hear that you improved that much in 1 year. Congratulations, man.

Doc
    @doc_ramadani

Hi Marco

Thanks mate have learned a lot, this song was tough to do but so happy with the outcome.

• cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Really nice, George! Tough song to sing for anyone. Your second rendition shows a ton of progress, tone, pitch, everything. I'm glad you noticed the dropping of support on the end of some of the phrases - good catch. I do the same sometimes.

Keep up the good work!

Chris
    @cwcw

Thanks Chris

Yes it was a tough song, glad I focused on one song for a while learned a lot and looking to carry over the knowledge to the next song. So much looking forward to the next challenge!

• DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Great improvements there @Vocality George. When i first heard you sing, i thought that either following a melody is not your strong suite yet, or you are a genius is a way that i cannot understand yet. Now that i hear you sing, you have made huge improvements in pitch. You still have room for improvement (who does not??), but i can still hear your unique style. You might have something going on that separates you from 99.9% of singers, and that is a good thing. Keep doing what you are doing buddy, and it will be interesting to see where this develops into!
    @Dogmeat

Yes quite agree at the start was at the bottom of the ladder unconcious incompetent, had to work hard on all fronts and results speak for themselves. Yes always room for improvement, felt especially on the 2nd half of the song could have improved little more, just decided that was enough time spent and the outcome for me was really good.

:) George
  • Rick_amateurRick_amateur 2.0 PRO Posts: 708
    Wow, it sounded like two different people singing. You have improved so much and it's obvious you put a lot of work into this song. Great job! Hope this means that you can join us in the assignments again! :smile:
    @Rick_amateur

Thanks for your comment that was a lot of work a really difficult song yes I will be starting on your assigment and that cold put me out of action for 2 weeks. Had to restart on volume 1 gently 4 days and then ramped up to volume 2.

• Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @Vocality Hi George, I definitely felt the emotion in this, good effort! One can hear how much work you already put into this and it is a great improvement. I wish a really great further singing journey to you from the bottom of my heart and hope you will get to achieve a lot more of your goals!
    @Raphael_Hussl Thank you really appreciate the kind words, such a lot of nice people here on the KTVA forum and it makes the learning experience more fulfilling. 12 Months on now have clearer picture on how to do a cover song correctly and I also hope your able to achieve your singing goals as well.