Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

School of Rock - Teacher's pet - Zack's song | Vocal cover

Hi all!
I would like to share with you my last cover. This time it is from one of my favorite movies when I think of rock movies.
Surely at some point in our life we have watched the movie "School of Rock" with the crazy performances of Jack Black, it seems a lie, but it's already more than 15 years old!
Surely we also remember the main song of the film in which each member put his part to sound like never before in that contest of the bands.
Well, this time I try to remember it by covering the Zack's song (Teacher's pet)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WytmIppdFKE
I hope you like it. All your comments, opinions and suggestions will be welcome!
Thanks for watching!

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @guzman,

thanks for gifting me a big smile. I love the movie and watched it over and over with my kids.

I can see and hear a lot of good technique and I like your tone. There is one point: I am not a native speaker but for me it sounds that I can hear a lot of Spanish accent, i.e. Attention, ... - it seems to be very obvious on the "S" consonants. But I am not a native speaker. Probably a native speaker can give you better advice.

Thanks for this memory-gifting contribution,

Doc
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hi Doc! @doc_ramadani
    Yes, you're absolutely right. Pronunciation in English is a special challenge for me. As you know I speak spanish natively (we pronounce almost everything as you read, but obviously it is not the case in English) and I am currently working on that. I have a problem... most of the songs I love and want to sing are in English haha. So that, I am very greatful that you give me this feedback to make me pay more attention to that part.
    Thank you Doc as always for you feedback and also for your support! I am glad to know about it as a gift for you, I also had very good memories when I listened this song again.
    Thank you!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I just had a chance to listen. I'm thinking along the same lines as @doc_ramadani you have alot of good technique, when you got the high note it's well supported and you look in your comfort zone. This demo didn't feel as polished as your previous ones,but it doesn't take away from the seriously awesome things you are doing vocally. I reckon you could adjust the lighting for the video a bit brighter as well 😁
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Thank you very much, @Wigs !!
    I really appreciate all your words! I take note about the light and the polishing of the video!
    Thanks again.