Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Problem in my voice

I’ve been able to sing home sweet home by Mötley Crüe but then I had this bad sore throat and cold now for like 3 weeks but now I have finally gotten off that cold and sore throat but I am not able to sing the higher notes in my chest voice anymore like I used to my voice just gives out and I go silent it’s not just this song but it’s other songs too my chest voice can’t go that high anymore. I don’t know if it’s the illness I had or something else because I had an upper GI done (they stick a camera down your throat to see your stomach) to me a few months back I don’t know if the camera messed with my vocal chords or if I’m not fully of this cold yet. ( Any suggestions to what I should do or what might have happened) please help

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I would slowly work back up where you were. depending on the severity, 3 weeks off if im just lazy mean I will have to work for at least 2 weeks to start to feel like im back to where I was. With an illness then I usually prepare my self to spend twice as much time to get back to where I was. Do your exercises very gently and dont try force your voice to do something its not happy with doing. It will just take longer to get better.

Hope you get there in the end mate!