Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello everyone, new member here. Currently living in Turkey.

I've been singing for years but never had any kind of training. I was brought here by Ken's videos. I stumbled upon them and found him to be really genuine and so I thought I'd check this place out at his recommendation. I'm older than most of you, I think but I want to work more professionally. Currently performing one or two nights a week here in Adana. I plan to move to Istanbul soon as this is not an ideal place for me to perform rock music and blues, etc. I was actually a contestant on the Turkish version of the voice three years ago and made it to the 4th round. Here's a link to my original performance. I think I've worked out a few things that I thought were wrong with it but I think I could certainly benefit from some coaching and advice. https://youtu.be/N7sKGCFRujc
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MitchellSavageMitchellSavage Member Posts: 9
    Also, reading around a bit I realized that I know absolutely nothing about the physics and terminology of singing. It is a little intimidating, tbh. But I guess that's why I joined. Never too old to learn something new.
  • Welcome @MitchellSavage,

That was a great performance! Congratulations for getting so far with your singing!

I'm glad you were able to identify some things for yourself to improve on. I would love to hear you after you've worked with Ken's course to perfect your technique, if you decide to do it. I'm excited for what you will be able to achieve. :)
    Sophia said:

Welcome @MitchellSavage,

That was a great performance! Congratulations for getting so far with your singing!

I'm glad you were able to identify some things for yourself to improve on. I would love to hear you after you've worked with Ken's course to perfect your technique, if you decide to do it. I'm excited for what you will be able to achieve. :)

Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm really considering it (the course) . I want to get to the next level pretty badly. Singing is absolutely my passion. Gonna lurk around a bit and try to get a handle on some basic things first.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Cool performance man! There’s other old dogs on here. I’m 55 been doing the course for a month and already can identify some differences and I’ve seen a lot of guys in their 40s on here, so yeah we can learn new stuff. I performed in turkey back in 2001when I was still playing guitar. Had a great time unfortunately never made to Istanbul except the airport there. Hope you decide on the course. Good luck!!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome mate, my girlfriend and I love the voice Australia, you would have turned a chair here as well🙂

I'll just say this, the sooner you get the course, the sooner your voice will grow, Ken goes through alot of terminology right from the start to get you used to it as well!
    Wigs said:

Welcome mate, my girlfriend and I love the voice Australia, you would have turned a chair here as well🙂

I'll just say this, the sooner you get the course, the sooner your voice will grow, Ken goes through alot of terminology right from the start to get you used to it as well!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna do it. But I've got to get moved first. I've been saving for a while on a Turkish salary, lol. It's fine to get by here but one dollar is 6 Turkish lira these days so it's slow going. By late spring if all goes well (knocks on wood) I'll be ready to go. I will say that I feel confident that I will be able to improve with his course. I'm a very skeptical person by nature but as he says, the proof is in the singing. He puts his money where his mouth is, is super positive and just comes across as a great person. This seems like a good community as well.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I'm not trying to sell you the course but if you are intending to get it then I say go for the pro packs. If you have seen Gabriela sing, the pro packs include Ken going through course material with her and many other students.

The forum is an awesome gift as well, it's very active in the student area. Your rendition of rising Sun has inspired me to add it to my karaoke list. I'm not an aspiring professional singer, this is a hobby for me but after a year or so on the course I'm amazed at where it has taken me. Good luck with your move 👍🏼