Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Flageolet

Hi everyone
When I practice on my falsetto and try to go higher I come accross a fluty sound which is similar to a whistle tone and I searched and found out it was flageolet
But I couldn't find anything how to develop it or how to sing with it the reason I want so much to sing with flageolet is some say it can improve your whole registers like chest head etc?!!
Can you give some tips to exercise or to develop flageolet?
Thank you

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    There is limited use for the whistle register in modern singing, it also wouldn't help you grow your chest voice. Ken mentions it from time to time but doesn't teach it at all, so im sorry im not able to help you with it.
  • MevsMevs Member Posts: 14
    Alright thank you but it is actually not whistle different than whistle it is not sharp as whistle it is squeaky
    Is it possible for ken tamplin to see that question?
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Ken himself might not answer, but I'll tag @diego since he is able to use his whistle register
  • MevsMevs Member Posts: 14
    Okay thank you so much
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    edited April 2020
    This is a pretty delicate technique. Whistle tones can be done with either inhale whistles (I consider cheating) or the normal whistle note, which is done by having to close the throat and you push a little air through, don't force it too much as it can damage your voice really fast. That is why I do not recommend trying the whistle register too much other than just showing off. All I can say that if you really want to practice, first try to find that balance of air you need, just the necessary so you don't force anything.