Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

CHEST VOICE BEYOND BREAK POINT (G4 or G#4)

Hi there,

Working on this from the last couple of weeks but failed.

I m a bairtone and Trying to figure out that how to go beyond the break point of chest voice in a correct manner.

help is awaited.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    If you could provide a couple minute sample of your scales its much easier to help. As a guide line it took me 6 months just to begin to understand what my chest voice even was.
  • vaneetvaneet Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Wigs said:

If you could provide a couple minute sample of your scales its much easier to help. As a guide line it took me 6 months just to begin to understand what my chest voice even was.

https://voca.ro/nLyDRkn4LID

here is the sample of voice.
    This was a very good sample, thank you! To me you are doing everything correct to get past that point, it is just a matter of putting in the time and effort consistently now. Think of it like high jump, you might be stuck at 2m for a few months but if you keep practicing you might get 2.01m.

Keep working your support and diaphragm, and reduce your air. You are doing well!
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @Wigs for appreciating sample.

couple of doubts are there.....

1. "Think of it like high jump, you might be stuck at 2m for a few months but if you keep practicing you might get
    2.01m." DIDN'T GET THIS....
    2. Is chest voice building first step in singing or any other is there before chest coice.
    3. For how long i have to work on chest voice?
    4. Are there any types of chest voice?

waiting for response.....
    Thanks @Wigs for
    vaneet said:

Thanks @Wigs for appreciating sample.

couple of doubts are there.....

1. "Think of it like high jump, you might be stuck at 2m for a few months but if you keep practicing you might get
    2.01m." DIDN'T GET THIS....
    2. Is chest voice building first step in singing or any other is there before chest coice.
    3. For how long i have to work on chest voice?
    4. Are there any types of chest voice?

waiting for response.....

help is awaited
    u there @wigs ????
    1 you want to bring your chest voice higher, so like high jump you train to jump higher.

2 while training chest voice you should practice bridging into head voice smoothly as well.

3 if you are serious about developing your voice you will work on it forever. If you get your chest up to A4 then stop practicing you will lose that ability.

4 there are 2 types of chest voice, speaking register and call register. Call register is what you work on to bring your chest voice higher, it's the voice you use when calling out to someone across the street.