Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Any healthy tips for maintaining your voice?

WargWarg Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hello there! First off I want to thank you for your help, and for reading this and I hope it might help someone else who may have this question. If it is already asked I apologize, I couldn't fully find anything about it but then again I am usually quite blind when it comes to forums!

So I've been singing now for about 2-3 years now, and at first obviously as many you may struggle to maintain your voice a lot, and even wont consider things that may affect your voice such as foods, drinks, even exercise etc. And I was wondering, is there anything that can help a lot with keeping your voice a bit more.. stable, and more healthy? Same as keeping yourself able to hold notes longer, use more power and the likes? I have also noticed that my range is a bit inconsistent as well in that area and sometimes wants to go high, sometimes doesn't. It's not a huge difference merely a step down or two but it still would be nice to know if it can be avoided.

Like I wont lie I am probably not the most healthy person physically, which I am trying to change. But I was also wondering does your bodily health affect it as well? Such as if you're a bit overweight and the likes. I can assume it may have which would in all honesty make sense.

I also was curious, since I've noticed that my voice sometimes works really well certain days, and some days it's not awful but it's more.. unstable then anything, if it could have to do with what I eat, drink etc?

Thank you again for taking your time reading this!

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This is quite a big subject which ill admit I dont really do much for my voice that has to do with diet besides staying hydrated while singing. Ken has a few YT and webinar episodes all about diet and vocal health that you should check out!
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    you gain consistency if you train regularily, by doing daily (5-6 days per week) exercises, like Ken teaches in the course. You can also use his free YT videos if you want a "demo", try it for a few weeks, it will help.

physical exercise and stamina will definitely help with singing, being healthy as well. watch Ken's videos on the subject. i suggest you look for Mike Chang's YT channel, and do the 35 minute morning flow routine. it doesn't have to be exactly that training if you prefer something else, but I find it helps me with general fitness and seems well thought out. you will also feel good after you are done. i also think that training your core/abdominal area helps with support and the correct breathing technique
  • WargWarg Member Posts: 2
    Ah, alright. I will definitely check out Ken's videos on them. I appreciate both your answer by the way, I think it can have to do with me being inconsistent with my training but I'm going to get better at that. I'm going to definitely take in what you said as well Klaus and train my abdominal. Again thank you both, that's really helpful. :smile: