Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Rainbow - Since You've Been Gone

I love raspy and heavy singing but although I use it as an effect in my usual singing I've always tended to stay away from really laying it on for fear of damaging/loosing my voice but I've recently started finding it a lot more manageable and not actually cost me too much so I'm hoping to test my limits a bit more with more super high/heavy material!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25JkhiGvro0&feature=youtu.be

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• bradsmith007bradsmith007 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 48
    Wow! That was freakin awesome!!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Great tone. I wish I could get that kind of tone
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Only 30s?? Just as the song kicks in it cuts out, I played again from the start thinking I somehow skipped. Take it as a good thing, it left me wanting more 😅
  • philmaherphilmaher Pro Posts: 48
    I'm sure you could @sjonrokz4u I come from a very clean singing background, and am a guitar player primarily, just keep following the program!!
    edited September 2020
    @Wigs Haha I could only do 30 seconds without f**king up, trying to sing like this the next step is building stamina for sure! But I also agree 30 secs is good for a taster and defo leaves you wanting more than a whole 4min video, Usually I'll just track it all and then mime a video but its very free-ing just doing a live take and then going done, thats it! but yea would be a different story with a whole song, let alone a set!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    edited September 2020
    Well, what you presented here shows you are going in the right direction I reckon. When I watch alot of other people's covers on YouTube, I often wish they specify if it's a single take or not, sometimes you can easily see them mime. That's no problem, each to their own, but as a learning vocalist it's important for me to know. FYI, all of Ken's videos and his students are single takes for the main vocals. Keep rocking🤘🏼
    @Wigs I think it's fine either way myself, nice to know if it is a live take, but even if its just a performance video to watch of takes that they comped, they still sung it so its still impressive, but obviously has some more gravitas if its a live take I admit. We live in a time when no one can be bothered to click play on some audio and just listen, they need visual stimulation and you're not going to make a "music video" just for a lil clip of something so i fully support anyone who just puts a video along to something they've recorded, as long as they aren't then trying to sell it is as live i guess.
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Sounds great. Very nice tone and good power!