Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac (Acoustic Cover)

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year from Ireland. I hope you had a nice Christmas.

I did a cover of Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac. I tried to make my own version in terns of percussion and embellishments to make it a little bit more interesting.

I've been doing Volume 1 of KTVA twice a day (1 hour) for the past 2-3 weeks now and feel like I am creating a good base. I MIGHT move up to Volume 2 to test the waters.

Can someone give me some advice about my singing? Is it alright? Was I out of key? What can I improve on to make it better?

https://youtu.be/s7U29PViOtk

Thanks for any advice you can give.

I hope 2021 is a positive and successful year for all of you

Liam

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    My advice would be keep working on vol 1 there are a lot of fundamental things that still need work
  • liamroartyliamroarty 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Thanks @sjonrokz4u . I'll take your advice on board. I just saw in KTVA's Vol 1 Manual that you should be able to move to Vol 2 in about 12 weeks or so. So I'll keep working on Vol 1 and see how things go in 2-3 months time. Hopefully, by being consistent, progress will be made and nail it.
    I’m not sure how many people actually have the techniques and range down that quick. I spent 6 months and was pretty solid. I’m on my 6th month of vol 2 but can’t stretch to one note in a particular scale so I’m kinda stuck there
    Oh wow @sjonrokz4u. Fair play to you for doing it for 6 months. Just goes to show that you need to give it time, be consistent and put the work in. When did you start doing KTVA?
    January 8th last year.
    Blimey! I take my hat off to you for working that long on Vol 1 and 2. You have inspired me mate. Thanks very much. I'm gonna get working on it!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi mate and welcome 🙂 I suspect that 12 weeks is for someone that has some singing background or experience. It's alot more common that people spend 6 months or more with volume 1 if they are starting from scratch like myself. My time line has been 6 months volume 1, 6 months volume 2, 1 year volume 3 and now 2 months back with 1 and 2. Go at your own pace, each volume won't help accelerate your improvement unless you are able to apply the fundamental from each previous volume, even then you will make mistakes and go back for short periods.

You do have a good starting point as far as your tone goes and it sounds like you are starting to support, but you are out of pitch everyone and then, especially noticeable on the 1st long note even though you held it well. Have a look at the better pitch exercises and incorporate them into your daily routine.