Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Need guidance with Lah Vowel...

Can anyone point out every single mistake in this Lah Vowel Scale (ignore the pitch). Tell me everything whether the placement is right or not, the timbre and tone is correct or not and also the larynx position. And please do tell what are the things I am already doing correct. It will help me alot.

Thank you Everyone x

Link 👇🏼

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/iTBce

P.S. - PLEASE do tell what are the things I can do to correct those mistakes.

Best Answers

• bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Answer ✓
    It does sound like you have good projection with voice. the ping needs to be a bit more prominent. Try taking breaths in with your nose rather than your mouth to keep the vocal folds from over drying. Tone is okay, Pitch is good, but need more consistency. to help with this keep that support consistent and maintain the open throat. sometimes you are completely there and the next you just go through the motions. Consistency, the same, all the time every time.

Cannot speak to your larynx position as I cannot see it. There is no video.

keep up the good work!

Keep rockin!

Chris
  • bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Answer ✓
    @Ayush it should feel open. Like there is a ball in the back of your throat. Very rounded, lift the palate and push the base of the tongue down in the back. This will also lower the larynx!

Keep rockin!!!
    Chris
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Answer ✓
    You've already gotten good pointers from the others. As far as how the throat should feel, you want it to be relaxed, get rid of unnecessary tension. There is a certain amount of effort needed to get higher notes but that effort is driven from your support, not from the throat. The throat is used to shape the sound and get good placement, not drive the sound.

I think you are on the correct track, really start focusing on more pitch accuracy, if you can consistently get correct pitch, it helps to get muscle memory in your throat for what each note value for the vowel should sound and feel like.

Answers