Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Cover Michael Buble - It's a Beautiful Day 2 year Progress.

VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
I would like to tag @Ken Tamplin @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @mysti @HuduVudu @DogMeat @bentk @NickW @RandyB @shining @Chris82 @LumiMoon @Rick_amateur @heidianita @jmstanle @Elara @sjonrokz4u @Klaus_T @d1g2w3 @Diego @LoneWolfRogue @cwcw @sagemacg @Sina and anyone else not mentioned!

Hi Everyone

Hope your all well, I've been working on this song for quite a few months and my 1st attempt was at the start of the KTVA course on song assigments will pop the link at the bottom page as a "before". Was hoping to get this song uploaded on my 2 year milestone, but felt it need more work and here I am after another couple months.

Recorded it with little reverb on the vocals, multiple takes theres loads of melody in this song and quite a bit of editing to get the volume levels more even. tweaked the eq around 5khz about +3db and used ozone8 for the finale mix.

Comments and Critique welcome!

After 2 Years Progress

https://youtu.be/gam8u8rDacw

Before at the start of the KTVA Vocal Course

https://soundcloud.com/user-655368135-887002322/beautiful-day-week-6/s-QGsq6

Vocality

Comments

• LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    This was really fun to listen too! I can hear how much stronger your voice is, especially your upper register. You were hitting the high notes whereas before you shied away from them. And your lower register is stronger too and the whole song sounds more confident. My favorite moment was "stay so long" around 2:04. The "so long" was spot on and fantastic. Great work.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    Hi @LumiMoon

Thanks for your feedback, it’s nice that other people notice my improvements and going for the highest notes in this song are quite difficult in chest g#4. It’s and area would like to improve upon in future renditions. Apart from that happy with progress.

Great to hear from you again!

George
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    I agree with @LumiMoon - your upper register has shown much improvement! I also think you started out with a really decent voice so to add to that is like icing on the cake. But we can always get better so keep at it!
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Sounds like your support has improved and as stated earlier, you’ve managed to grow your upper register. Nice work! As a small critique, you occasionally sound quite nasal...just something to think about and work on. Keep it up!
    @jmstanle thanks for listening yes didn’t have the range at the start, when I listened back to the first rendition 2 years ago wasn’t too bad. This was a tough song to get right but certainly improved a lot since then.

@RandyB thanks for spotting the nasality in parts really didn’t notice and it’s good to get feedback from different listeners. Vol 3 workouts making the differences.

Thanks for the feedback value everyone’s comments hard work continues always strive for improvements.

George
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I would encourage anyone that listens to this to take the time and listen to George's first version as well and not judge his ability from the latest one. (This comment is for those that have still to listen to it).

George, your relentless battle with pitch in no way diminishes how much improvent you have made with your tone, support, vowel placement and confidence. You sound more open in the throat and more agile, this is great to hear how much improvement is possible by putting in the work. Well done mate and keep singing 🎤
    @Wigs

Gday Chris Thanks for listening, I think we've all come a long way since starting the course and my perception is that pitch isn't so much a battle for me now. Think monitoring had a part to play in previous songs now have sorted that out and it seems to help alot.

Looking forward to trying new songs now that my voice has grown.

Vocality
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    In the spirit of honesty to help each other improve, I think there is still some way to go for your pitch accuracy. This is a purely objective observation and I'm not trying to diminish your improvements or put you down at all, I've been with you from near the start and have followed your growth sharing in the milestones together.

Pitch is a battle for most of us, it's great to hear you don't need to fight so hard for it now, just keep up your efforts! 🙂
    Chris I appreciate your response, fully agree there's still work to be done and hope things workout ok for me invested alot of time and effort. :)

George
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    You have really grown your voice a lot! Kudos for all the extra hard work you spent over such a long time. I feel like a lazy sloth compared to you.
    But now its paying off and you can hear the results!
    Guess you are quite proud of what you have reached so far.

Do you still have lessons with Ken or was it just one time?
    @shining

Thanks for listening yes my voice has grown a lot, yes it was hard work 😓 and when you hear the progress it’s rewarding.

I had 1 lesson with Ken and possibly follow up with another half hour at a later date. I really could do with more regular personal 1 to 1 coaching I can’t afford Ken that often.

Good to hear from you again hope your doing well.

George
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Good work George and you brought out the emotions well. Voice and support keeps getting better.
    About mixing: Your vocals are way too loud compared to backgroud track, so you would benefit most to lover them closer to right level. Try lowering the master volume really really low, and check that you hear both background and vocals as you should. Adjust there and then bring the master fader up.
    @DogMeat

Hi Ari thanks for the feedback, it was a lot hard work and wasn't entirely happy with everything in the song and the highest notes in that song tested my upper chest voice. Iam glad everyone hears my progress and of course room for improvement.

Yes did wonder if my voice was too loud. Looking to get the mixing side of things done properly, learning as I go in that area and will take your advice on board in my next demo on the song assignments maybe you can feedback on how I did.

Good to hear from you again hope your well.

George