Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Temperature – New song, all feedback appreciated

Hi, I haven't posted in a little while. I thought I'd share a new song I recorded yesterday and see what all of you think. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/ZTi_2sCBEM8

I'm trying to focus more on the AEIOU vowel sounds because it feels better when I sing and I like the way it sounds, but it's different from how I sang other songs... maybe that doesn't matter. Consistency is important if you have a big following but I don't, still trying to find what works best. All feedback appreciated!

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I like your vibe mate! I remember your last song. Your lower resonance is a bit of a good suprise, it's unexpected when you start singing.
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    edited March 2021
    @claytondb, nice composition mate. I love the melody you came up with. I find it hard to come up with a melody. I can throw together some cool riffs on the guitar, but struggle with the melody, and this is what really allows you to tell the story in an interesting and captivating way. I think you have done well here.

I noticed when you were doing your high "da da da"s and then going to the low one, that the low one was a bit shaky. I found that lowering the larynx can help with getting back down after your voice is sort of set high from the high "da da da"s. Sort of yawning into the low one to get back down. So not pulling it down, but just subtle move down and couple that with using support to regulate the air and I find I a more stable sound in these situations.

Great work Clay ;-)
  • Joy69Joy69 2.0 PRO Posts: 9
    Nice lyrics, appreciate the nature of the song. Melody is very pretty. Good job!
  • dcadochdcadoch Member Posts: 2
    Nice lyrics and melody!!