Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

New cover song: Cyndi Lauper. I has to use vocal pitch correction on a few parts ):

RedFighterPilotRedFighterPilot Pro Posts: 43
edited December 2020 in SINGER/SONGWRITERS
For the life of me I couldn't seem to do this fully without pitch correction on the voice. The last two weeks I felt were pretty awesome going through the lessons. I have learned that I have been singing WAYYYYY TOO LOUD, this song I had a few places of singing too loud but I think most of it was decent.

Thank you all for your feedback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvfv4C60g0

Comments

• esequiboesequibo Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2020
    Yeah I hear you, definitely there are some pitch issuesz, which is kinda a surprising when compared to your message in a bottle cover. I think you went higher in that one and sounded effortless while here you sound strained. Instrumentaly the cover is good, tho transition to chorus could have been smoother. My only complaint would be the bass player out playing by the pool, its like the guy likes the song but doesn't wanna know anything about your metal idealism. Tho he's holding a bass covered with punk stickers? It's bizarre. 8/10
  • Ha ha, yea he’s a scientist. He works for NASA. He didn’t want to be in the video but I twisted his arm.

Thank you for the feed back. I’m still trying to find my voice. I think it’s easier to sing higher than lower. I keyed up Message in a bottle so that it was for comfortable.
    This song I keyed up also but maybe not enough. When I tried to sing it in the original key it was REALLY bad.
    I’m working hard on the program taking it all the way back to Vol 1 and watching the videos.
    I sure hope I bet better soon. It’s frustrating being nearly 50 and having a hard tome with pitch.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I’m 56 and have to work hard at it every day but it will come to you. It takes time. Be patient and celebrate all the small victories
  • Thank you, I appreciate that. I will keep on keeping on!
  • esequiboesequibo Member Posts: 47
    If u do Mars volta inertiatic esp I'm sold
  • I like requests! I’ll look it up. Not familiar with Mars Volta’s music. I know who they are though. Thomas Pridgen is an amazing drummer.
  • HumanRobotHumanRobot Member Posts: 246

For the life of me I couldn't seem to do this fully without pitch correction on the voice. The last two weeks I felt were pretty awesome going through the lessons. I have learned that I have been singing WAYYYYY TOO LOUD, this song I had a few places of singing too loud but I think most of it was decent.

Thank you all for your feedback
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvfv4C60g0

Hi there

I really liked this . What is pitch correction ? I have never come across this before . But liked your version of it.

Thanks

Human Roboot
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    @HumanRobot “Pitch correction” is exactly that. It is digitally correcting the pitch of out of tune notes. Listen again to his vocals and you can hear clear artifacts of this process. And it sounds as if this vocal is very “hard tuned” so you will hear abrupt shifts in the pitch where correction is occurring. I’m nowhere near a sound engineer, but the pitch correction on this vocal is unmistakable even to an untrained ear. You may be more familiar with pitch correction under the brand name “Autotune”, but they aren’t the only player in the game. It makes the vocal sound like, well...a “Human Robot”.
  • RedFighterPilotRedFighterPilot Pro Posts: 43
    @HumanRobot
    Yes exactly what RandyB said. It is a software that it used to correct bad notes, I hope to someday not rely on pitch correction. I need to learn how to sing.

Thank you for the compliment.

• RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    @RedFighterPilot You sound pretty good, brother! Just keep working to grow your voice where you want it. It’s a process in which all of us on this forum are engaged. Keep rockin’!
    Thank you sir. It’s not easy, I’m always sharp sometimes flat but mostly sharp. I think I need more ear training too because sometimes the notes are so close together it’s hard for me to differentiate the notes in a vocal melody. When I learn a guitar part I can hear the 1/2 step intervals clearly but if I try to learn the vocal melody on guitar I fail every time ):
    RandyB said:

@HumanRobot “Pitch correction” is exactly that. It is digitally correcting the pitch of out of tune notes. Listen again to his vocals and you can hear clear artifacts of this process. And it sounds as if this vocal is very “hard tuned” so you will hear abrupt shifts in the pitch where correction is occurring. I’m nowhere near a sound engineer, but the pitch correction on this vocal is unmistakable even to an untrained ear. You may be more familiar with pitch correction under the brand name “Autotune”, but they aren’t the only player in the game. It makes the vocal sound like, well...a “Human Robot”.

Hi

Oh thanks so much for explaining that - thats fascinating to me.

Human Robot

Thank you sir. It’s not easy, I’m always sharp sometimes flat but mostly sharp. I think I need more ear training too because sometimes the notes are so close together it’s hard for me to differentiate the notes in a vocal melody. When I learn a guitar part I can hear the 1/2 step intervals clearly but if I try to learn the vocal melody on guitar I fail every time ):

Hi

I liked it - but maybe try as an experiment take the "auto correction " thing out . That way you will learn to hear the notes that you got wrong and then can correct it in time x But I really liked your version of "Time after Time "

Human Robot
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Mate, that was great. Awesome rendition of this classic, my multiintrumentalist. Gosh, very good job on those high notes. Love your creativity! Kudos, Doc
    @doc_ramadani
    Thank you for the compliment matie!
    You can see more songs on my channel if you are interested: https://youtube.com/c/FlightDeckStudios