Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Hi guys this is the first demo I'm doing plz review and give some comments tq

Hi guys this is the first cover of the song "Someone you loved" by lewis capaldi
I'm very nervous and I tenced up a little during the recording forgive me for that XD I'm a little shy so I only recorded my voice please give some feedback and where I should improve and how my cover was tq very much
https://youtu.be/HfdUt4J7j90
https://youtu.be/tJ2VCI_ZAdw

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @MelvinChan

You were not too bad lower parts of the song, but I reckon this song is pretty ambitious for you at this stage highest notes are G#4 and you fell short.

Ken recommends picking songs well within your range especially at the start and then you can gradually work you way into more difficult songs. This will be done over months and years depending on how well you progress.

https://youtu.be/qp5dMDx3E60

Your at a good starting point vocally, spend a bit time learning a much easier song and you can also drop the key of the song to help I use Karaoke Version website you can download backing tracks in lower keys it’s not expensive.

If you post a song in future have your voice and the backing track together.

Hope this helps!

Vocality 🙂

• MelvinChanMelvinChan Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2021
    @Vocality Thanks for the comment I will keep on practicing and get better I will try to have the backing track with my voice next time. I still need to work on my breathing/Support I'm currently only doing the LA practice for the chest voice. My head voice is not really good and the transition through my pistagio is not that good either I think. Do u think Charlie puth - One Call away would be easier? That's what I see online for beginners XD
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    You should be doing the exercises in both chest and bridging.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @MelvinChan

Pick songs you can comfortably get all the notes, I do think Charlie Puth songs again are high in the range and as your voice grows gradually you will be able to do more difficult songs.

Vocality
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305

@Vocality Thanks for the comment I will keep on practicing and get better I will try to have the backing track with my voice next time. I still need to work on my breathing/Support I'm currently only doing the LA practice for the chest voice. My head voice is not really good and the transition through my pistagio is not that good either I think. Do u think Charlie puth - One Call away would be easier? That's what I see online for beginners XD

@MelvinChan, Hey mate. As you mention you are working on Support/Breath Control and Bridging, here is a post you may find useful:

The Bridging Epiphany

There are also some links at the bottom of the above post that cover Support and Breath Control :wink:

Regards,

Scotty
  • MelvinChanMelvinChan Member Posts: 7
    @codeowl thanks but I think I cant open the post u sent me it says permission problem
  • kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    I personally like to stat out by talking through the words. Then talk through them again but give some rhythm to it. Then you'll be in your natural phase to be able to start singing some easy stuff, like the others have said:

Also, these were helpful for me:

1. "Chew your words." Open your mouth and get the sound moving~!
    2. Add "mask" - show your teeth when you sing to clean up the sound. Get some nasal resonance.
    3. Sing on the vowels.
    4. Take breaths at proper intervals.