Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

ORIGINAL SONG - 'Black'

A song I wrote and produced titled 'Black'. I decided to create a lyric video for this instead of alive video, it just seemed fitting.
How did I do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVyU5vX4eww

Comments

• codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    edited April 2021
    @Jwal,

Dude, that was bloody awesome mate!! I loved it. The melody was great, you emoted well in the song, plenty of those big resonant notes you do so well. The song structure was cool and interesting. You built the tension with that clean guitar intro into the first verse before walloping us with that huge chorus. The lyric is interesting and a compelling story in the same vein as Stained. Oh and I loved the video as well!!

Like there is room for improvement on some of the lower notes, and some minor pitch issues here and there, but this has got to be the best song I have heard you do yet.

Really great work mate, you have to be proud of this!! :+1::+1::+1:

PS: I played this to the missus and she thought it was awesome as well, (believe me she would tell me if she thought otherwise..lololollll)

Regards,

Scotty
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
  • MaratMarat Member Posts: 10
    Cool, I liked it. Do you play in a band? It would be cool to see it in concert.
  • birdcherrybirdcherry Pro Posts: 32
    Good song, brilliant lyrics! A little bit pitchy, but may be it's just me. I am not only a singer but also a violinist, and therefor is very sensitive to pitchiness
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @codeowl

Wow man! thanks so much Scotty, it means a lot. Really motivates me to hear something like that. Tell the missus I say thank you!
    @Marat

Thank a lot! I do everything myself... I do have friends very talented that could accompany me in a show and I would love to do that if I ever get the opportunity.
    @birdcherry

Thank you! No, you are most definitely correct there are some pitchy parts in hear and I'm glad you pointed that out, as a guitar player it stands out to me too lol! I literally play my takes back with a tuner on the track and obsess over perfect pitch, though I'm not quite there yet.
  • Mike86Mike86 Member Posts: 104
    Well done! Great lyrics, love the contrast between the verse and chorus. I thought the vocal tone was cool and nice job on the video.