Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Skid Row - 18 and Life

Comments

• codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @Zeki,

Good effort mate. Really nice tone to your voice. This is a pretty big song you have taken on, I think your larynx is raising to high when you are reaching for those high notes and this is what gives that froggy sound at times and makes it sound strained. Try maintaining a lower larynx. Opening the back of the jaw will help with this. Then lift your soft palate and move resonance forward in the mouth to get to the higher notes and couple this with firm support and good breath control, (holding back the air), and this will enable you to get to those higher notes without strain.

Good work on the cover :wink: .

Regards,

Scotty
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    To me it seems like you’re carrying a lot of weight to be doing bas but it sounds good. You got in to some pitch problems but I think if you shed some of that weight it will help with that. I’m not sure where Scotty is talking about sounding groggy when you’re high. I thought the very end where you went up the highest sounded really good. It’s obvious American English is a second language, watch out for the words you’re starting with a W. You do it almost everytime on 18 and life. You sing w18 and life and I heard a couple other words like that but it’s not that far away. Shed the wait cuz at times it sounded like dio sing skid row
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @sjonrokz4u,

I just listened back to this and I think you might be right, it could just be the accent I am hearing.
    An example of where I was thinking a high larynx applied was 1:02 - 1:04.
    Good pickup on the accent mate :wink: .

Regards,

Scotty
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    @codeowl
    Yeah Scotty I just listened back and hear what you’re talking about. He definitely got in a bad place in that part. He should probably listen back to that and see if he can work that out
  • ZekiZeki Member Posts: 22
    @codeowl
    Thanks for the support ! I'll work on the things you suggested
  • ZekiZeki Member Posts: 22
    @sjonrokz4u
    Thanks for you comment! I agree about pitch and pronunciation, I need to work on that