Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

The amateur Mandarin Song Covers

2»

Comments

• Rick_amateurRick_amateur 2.0 PRO Posts: 708
    A quick update! Due to my slower speed at learning Mandarin songs, I will do covers bi-weekly so I don't feel rushed or forced.

My seventy fifth cover is an old classic. I've heard it before but never sang it until I worked on it for this.

The song is called Yi Jian Mei (一剪梅). This song translates into A Branch of Plum Blossoms.

The first verse goes as follows. Affection is vast like grasslands. Layers of wind and rain cannot obstruct. The clouds will always open so the sun can come out. The sun rays shine upon you and me.

Then, we have the second verse. Affection is like a blooming plum blossom. The freezing ice and snow cannot drown. Even in the absolute freeze, they will bloom on the branches. Seeing spring walk towards you and me.

Next, we get to the chorus. Snowflakes drift past as the northern wind blows. Sky and ground a complete white. The plum blossom branch towering over snow. It shares its scent with you. Love whom I love without any regret. This passion forever stay in my heart.

Then, we repeat the second verse and the chorus.

https://youtu.be/xB8Lyb6aLZE
    Had a busy month or so and trying to catch up on things. I will be doing two songs for this post.

The first song is called Fei Ji Chang de 10:30 (飞机场的10:30). This song translates into The 10:30 am at the Airport.

The first verse starts as follows. The 10:30 flight is almost here. The airport is still crowded. I left a little of the Coca Cola I was drinking. Leaving it for you, oh yeah, for my baby.

Then, we have the pre-chorus. A year ago, we were living so happily together. It was filled with laughter and tears, baby. I thought that continuing forward would be our sort of understanding. Yet you said you needed to leave and needed some room to breathe.

Next, we have the chorus. Baby (x6)! Does owning something means we start losing it afterwards. The more I gave you, the more you want to hide. Love can no longer answer all the questions.

Afterwards, we have our second verse. The 10:30 flight is already here. Yet, I have yet to see you. I believe you might be waiting for your luggage and your red/white coat.

After that, we repeat the pre-chorus and chorus.

Then, we have the third verse. I was on my way home at 1:30. Your name never showed as a passenger. I think you already made your final decision. Woah, I have already lost you.

Next, we have a different variation of the chorus. Baby (x6)! Are you suspicious when I didn't give enough love. Do you want more? Do you wish to come home? People are always stupid to treasure things they lost.

Finally, we have the chorus repeated once more.

https://youtu.be/7WSdON5k5-E

The second song is called Qi Shi Bu Xiang Zou (其实不想走). This song translates into I Don't Want to Go.

The first verse goes as follows. You always say that, when I'm lonely, I would finally contact you. Yet, our feelings and our love aren't enough as they come and go.

Then, we have the second verse. How can I not understand and not know that a woman's heart is fragile. Loneliness isn't something I cannot handle but I think about you too much every single day.

Next, we have the chorus. I don't want to go! I want to stay! Stay with you for every single season in a year. You must trust me that I don't need more time. I want you to spend this lifetime with me.

We then repeat the chorus, the second verse and finally the chorus a couple of times.

https://youtu.be/BdYeoNQ5UvQ
    My next cover is another old classic. It feels weird revisiting songs I've remembered bits and pieces but only now learning the entire song.

The song is called Meng Xing Shi Fen (梦醒时分). This song translates into Awakening from a Dream.

The first verse goes as follows. You said that you loved someone you shouldn't have and now your heart is filled with scars. You said that you make mistakes you shouldn't have and now your heart is filled with remorse.

Then, we have the second verse. You said you experienced all of life's suffering but you cannot cannot find someone you can trust. You said you felt very frustrated and began to doubt life.

Next, we have the chorus. If you already knew sorrow is unavoidable, then why did you passionately love someone? Since love is so hard to differentiate, why do you care so much about a bit of gentleness? If you already knew sorrow is unavoidable, why do you go through it every waking moment? There are some things you don't have to ask now and there are some people you never have to wait.

We then repeat the first two verses before repeating the chorus a few times.

https://youtu.be/yJwhHYUq3vE
    My next cover is another old classic. This one I can recall more of the lyrics but it's obvious that I'm still rusty.

The song is called Yi Chang You Xi Yi Chang Meng (一场游戏一场梦). This song translates into One Game One Dream.

The first verse starts as follows. Don't talk about departure. I won't cry due to this. That was just a dream from last night. Don't say if you're willing. I won't care due to this. That was just a dream from last night.

Then, we have the chorus. That was just a game and a dream. Even though your shadow never appeared before my eyes, you were no longer in my songs a long time ago. That was just a game and a dream. Don't leave broken love here as, in a world of two, there shouldn't be you. Oh, why did you leave? And said something about being together? I already don't have you but I'm still myself. Say something about love never changes. Say something like I love you. I already don't have you but I'm still myself.

Then, we repeat the chorus and repeat the second half a few times.

https://youtu.be/c_fnsJMmSTY
    My next cover is another old classic. This one I only recalled the very end (the Hey Yo stuff) so I don't remember rest of the song at all.

The song is called Zhuang Zhi Zai Wo Xiong (壮志在我胸). This song translates into Aspirations in my Chest.

The first verse starts as follow. Pat the dust off you. Revive your fatigued spirit. The road to the distance is filled with ups and downs. I may have to walk part of it alone.

Then, we have the second verse. I'm already adjusted to being alone. Few people care and ask about me. Even if no one devote their youth to me, I will at least preserve some genuineness.

Next, we repeat the first verse followed by the third verse. Don't laugh at my passion. Don't judge a hero by his wins and losses. People have different experiences but I have grand aspirations in my chest.

Finally, we have the chorus. Hey yo hey hey hey yo hey. Don't care how high the mountain is or deep the water. Hey yo hey hey hey yo hey. They cannot block journey forward. Hey yo hey hey hey yo hey. Don't care how high the mountain is or deep the water. Hey yo hey hey hey yo hey. A unclear and uncertain journey. I have to to face my life seriously.

https://youtu.be/yYEJzCFv6ek
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Rick_amateur

Very nice song with lots of meaning, your singing has come a long way and your hard work and persistance has paid off. Now you sound like a different singer from the beginning. Your tone and pitch has improved significantly and soon you'll need to change your name to Rick_Pro!!

Well done Mate

George
    @Vocality

Thank you for the kind words! It's been a fun journey and I still have lots of learn! Thank you for listening! I hope to keep building up my foundation! I'm certainly a long way from changing my name to Rick_Pro! :)

Rick
    My next cover is a newer song. I heard it and liked it. Here's my rendition of it!

The song is called Yan Di Xing Kong (眼底星空). This song translates into Starry Sky Under Eyes.

The first verse starts as follows. You like staring at my eyes. You said it's a miniature space. As long as we don't separate, we can see the stars when the sky is clear. I will work hard to love you, spoil you and adjust myself.

Then, we have the second verse. Am I your neighbor or lover? Time brought about a cruel ending. There is friendship next to love with the borders too sharp. A sorry can cut through our closeness like a knife.

Next, we have the chorus A. The starry sky under eyes. The falling stars started falling. Every tear says you should leave peacefully. I turned around to fall into a black hole as I watched together forever turned to us floating apart. A man tearing up hurts many time than bleeding.

After that, we have chorus B. The starry sky under eyes. The falling stars fell in my hands. I held my hands tightly as I prayed to the sky. I hope you first find tenderness and have someone patch your wounds while blocking out loneliness. I thank you spending time with me listening to the rain and chasing the wind.

Then, we have the third verse. We used three years to build our relationship and used three seconds to end everything. Left with memories to review and hold you close even if our love is burned to smoke and becomes the clouds.

We then repeat chorus A and B.

https://youtu.be/gZIhYg5Up54
    My next cover is another old classic I'm glad I got to revisit!

The song is called Da Yue Zai Dong Ji (大约在冬季). This song translates into Roughly in the Winter.

The first verse starts as follow. I will quietly leave you so please wipe away the tear in the corner of your eye. The slow nights and the days to come, please don't cry for me, my love.

Then, we have the second verse. The road ahead might be miserable so please smile and wish me well. It might get windy and be raining but I'll be thinking of you in the wind and rain.

Next, we have the pre-chorus. On the days where I don't have you, I will treasure myself more. In the years without me, you should take care of yourself.

Then, we have the chorus. You ask me when we'll return home and I'm also quietly asking myself. It's not now and don't know when. I think it might be roughly in the winter. It's not now and don't know when. I think it might be roughly in the winter.

Then, we repeat first and second verse. Then, we do pre-chorus into chorus twice.

https://youtu.be/-OQewpgOD9A
    My next cover is a catchy song that I listened that was by a singer whose has songs I covered already.

The song is called Gu Zhen Nan Mian (孤枕難眠). This song translates into Struggling to Sleep Alone.

The first verse goes as follows. Tell me that I am who you're waiting for. Tell me you don't want to miss it. Your shining eyes contain some words you still cannot say out loud. Please tell me quickly and don't be afraid of being uncertain.

Then, we have the second verse. Tell me that you once lost too much. Tell me you're also afraid of loneliness. I know that you cannot let go of the pain from failure. Please tell me quickly and not always be unsure what to do.

Next, we get to the chorus. Thinking about your dark nights and thinking about your face. Flipping in bed as I struggle to sleep alone. Tell me that you also can't sleep a wink. Tell me you want to see me appear. Thinking about your dark nights and thinking about your face. Flipping in bed as I struggle to sleep alone. Tell me you thought of me thousands of time. Tell me everything will come true!

Then, we repeat the second verse and then the chorus a couple of times.

https://youtu.be/rTf4WaRsDuQ
    My next cover is a catchy song that became popular due to it being the opening theme song to a well accepted show in China.

The song is called Dang (当). This song translates into When.

The first verse goes as follows. Ah, Ah....... When the peaks are no longer sharp and when the river stop flowing. When time stops so day and night don't change and everything we know become nothing. I still won't break up with you. I won't break up with you. Your gentleness is something I will safeguard.

Then, we have the second verse. When the sun no longer rises and the earth no longer turns. When the seasons no longer change and all the vegetation dry out. I still won't leave you. I won't leave you. Your smile is something I will yearn the most.

Next, we have the chorus. Let us live this life together without any restraints. Horses galloping wildly and enjoying the bustling world. Drink and sing out the joy of our hearts. In our splendor, we seize our youth.

We repeat the chorus before doing more Ahs. Then, we repeat the second verse and the chorus twice. Finally, we end it all with more Ahs.

https://youtu.be/9UU8cwpM-k0
    My next cover is a song that I thought I've done but haven't. It's a pretty fun song for me to do.

The song is called Na Xie Nian (那些年). This song translates into Those Years.

The first verse goes as follows. We returned to the start with your youthful face in my memory. We have finally arrived at this day. The old photo below the table mat links numerous memories. Today, the boy must go on a final date with the girl.

Then, we have the second verse. We returned to the start and stare blankly at the mirror. I clumsily fasten the knot of the red tie. I combed my hair like an adult and wear a handsome looking suit. When I meet you in a bit, you'll be prettier than what I expect.

Next, we have the pre-chorus. How I wish to return to those days. Return to the classroom trying to get you to gently scold me. Do you want to solve the combination on the blackboard? Regardless who sit where, he will still love her.

Finally, we get the chorus. The heavy rain we missed in those years. The love we missed in those years. I want to embrace you and my lacking courage. I used to want to conquer the world but, in the end I realized, you are my whole world. The heavy rain we missed in those years. The love we missed in those years. I want to tell you that I have never forgotten. That night was filled with stars and we made a promise underneath the sky. The next time I will tightly embrace, tightly embrace you.

We then repeat pre-chorus and chorus. Then chorus gets repeated a couple of times.

https://youtu.be/OEmaN8ZljXg
    My next cover is a song that I have limited experience but it strikes an interesting chord.

The song is called Gu Xiang de Yun (故乡的云). This song translates into Clouds of My Hometown.

The first verse starts as follows. The clouds of my hometown drift along the edge of the sky and they don't stop calling for me. When the breeze nearby is quietly blowing, there's a sound calling out to me. Come home! Come home! A wanderer who goes to faraway places. Come home! Come home! Don't wander aimlessly.

Then, we have the second verse. Taking heavy steps, the journey home is very slow. When the breeze nearby is quietly blowing, it blows up the fragrance of my hometown's soil. Come home! Come home! A wanderer who goes to faraway places. Come home! Come home! I already tire of wandering.

Next, we have the chorus. I am already exhausted. In my eyes are tears of sorrow and pain. My hometown's wind and its clouds help erase my trauma. I once have great hope and dreams and yet I return with an empty bag. My hometown's wind and its clouds help me heal my wounds.

We then repeat the second half of the second verse before repeating the chorus a few times.

https://youtu.be/bYUcXsi5qWs
    My next cover is a song that I have learned a few days ago and just loved it.

The song is called Huang Hun (黃昏). This song translates into Dusk.

The first verse starts off as follows. An entire summer has passed but the sorrow hasn't eased a bit. I drove along the highway with no end in sight. I felt detached from myself.

Then, we have the second verse. I cannot finish singing a song. Fatigue still remains as dark circles around my eyes. In the realm of emotions, hurt is unavoidable. Even the most beautiful dusk ends in a night sky.

Next, we have the chorus. I still remember the resolute goodbye that came out of your lips. In the darkness, it felt like being burned by a brilliant sun. The horizon at dusk signify our parting as our love enter an endless night. I still remember the painfully sorrowful tears coming out your eyes. In the chaos, it felt like I was burned by those tears. The horizon at dusk severed all happiness as our love already vanished.

Finally, we repeat the second verse before doing the chorus a couple of times.

https://youtu.be/KfZydrX2ctc

My next cover is a song that's just fun a relaxing to sing to. .

The song is called Zhi Zu (知足). This song translates into Content.

The first verse starts as follows. How do you own a rainbow? How do you embrace the summer breeze. The stars in the sky are laughing at the people on the ground for their inability to understand and cannot be content.

Then, we have the second verse. If I fell in love with your smile. How do I obtain it and keep it for myself. If you are happy and not due to me, whether or not letting go is obtaining it?

Next, we have the chorus. When a gust arrives, a kite flies to the sky to pray for you, give blessing and be moved. When your silhouette finally disappears in a sea of people, I realize the pain of smiling and crying.

After that, we have the third verse. You and me on that hill that day. We were singing songs from that year. That sort of memory was enough, enough for me to taste loneliness every single day.

Finally, we repeat the chorus twice before repeating the second verse.

The song ends with repeating the lines twice: Happiness from being content beckons me to endure the heartache.

https://youtu.be/QTdiM8doSZg
    My next cover is a song that I learned somewhat recently and it's pretty catchy.

The song is called Ping Fan Zhi Lu (平凡之路). This song translates into Ordinary Road.

The first verse starts as follows. Those who wander. Those on the road. Do you need to go? Via, via. Fragile and prideful. That was once who I was.

Then, we have the second verse. Furious and uneasy. Where are you going? Via, via. Mysterious and silent. Are you listening to the story.

Next, we have the chorus. I once crossed mountains and seas, and gone through large crowds. I once had everything but, with a blink of an eye, it vanished like smoke. I was once frustrated, disappointed and lost sense of direction until I saw ordinary being the only answer.

After that, we have the third verse. When you are still fantasizing about your tomorrow. Via, via. Will it get better or worse? To me, it's another day.

Then, we have chorus 2. I once destroyed all that I had and wanted to leave forever. I once fell into boundless darkness. I wanted to fight but can't get out. I was once like you, like him, like the wild plants. Despairing, longing, crying, laughing and being ordinary.

We had a small verse that was sung in the background that I didn't sing. It says: Keep walking just like this even if you were given something. Keep walking just like this even if something was taken from you. Keeping walking just like this even if you will miss something. Keep walking just like this even if you will...

We then repeat chorus 1 and 2 twice. Finally, we get to the final verse. Time is speechless just like this. Tomorrow is before you. The wind is blowing and the road is still far. Where are you with your story?

https://youtu.be/EEISau57uTM
    My next cover is a song that I rediscovered recently and it's stuck in my head right now.

The song is called Ni Bu Shi Zhen Zheng de Kuai Le (你不是真正的快樂). This song translates into You Aren't Truly Happy.

The first verse starts as follows. Crying in the crowd, you want to adopt a transparent color. You won't ever dream or hurt or be moved. You have decided. You have decided. You endure quietly as you tightly held yesterday in your palm. The sweeter memories also hurt more. The more numerous deep and shallow cuts they leave in your palm.

Then, we get to the chorus 1. You aren't truly happy. Your smile is merely your camouflage. You choose not to hate and not to love. You are locking your soul forever in a shell.

Next, we have the second verse. This world smiles so you smile to fit in. When survival is the rule and not by choice. Therefore, you shed tears as you stumble and blunder forward.

After that, we have chorus 1 followed by chorus 2: You aren't truly happy. Your wound is never willing to fully heal. I stood to your left but it feels like a galaxy is between us. Are we going to carry our regret until we're old and then regret it all?

We then repeat chorus 1 and 2 before the final chorus. You deserve to be truly happy. You should take off your camouflage. Why must you be punished for losing something? Can we let all our sadness end this moment and starting living again?

https://youtu.be/7W2MbMpEwPs
    My next cover is a song that nice calming song that I don't mind listening to now and then.

The song is called Ying Xing de Chi Bang (隱形的翅膀). This song translates into Invisible Wings.

The first verse starts as follows. Every time, I stay strong while I deal with loneliness. Every time, I will not shed a tear even when I'm badly hurt. I know I will have invisible wings. To let me fly over despair.

Then, we have the second verse. Don't think about the beautiful sun they have. I see that every sunset is always changing. I know I will have invisible wings. To let me fly and give me hope.

Next, we have the chorus. I finally saw all the dreams coming true. Pursuing youth and such resonating songs. I finally fly and see with my heart unafraid. Where the wind blows, I will fly there.

We then repeat the first and second verse followed by the chorus. Finally, we end off with: Invisible wings allow dreams to be more eternal than the sky. Keep a wish to allow one to keep imagining.

https://youtu.be/buU2-Rw3UkM
    My next cover is a song that's challenging and I for whatever reason decided to do it.

The song is called Chao Ren (超人). This song translates into Superman.

The first verse starts as follows. I was obviously a fragile soul but I'm willing to turn into Superman for you. The challenges of love made me understand that I'm not useless. Perhaps it's due to my lack of talents that I cannot figure when we go our separate ways. Why do I physically want you to love me forever?

Next, we have the chorus. The youth we lost is like the scars we once left one another. Two people become strangers when there are no more words to say. I think I can tolerate that. The streetlights look at us as we ran through the rain. I hope there will be someone who will understand my tears and the rest of my life.

Then, we have the second verse. I accompany you across the colorful world but it doesn't mean I own all of you. Thank you for your farewell that can evoke so many emotions. Perhaps it's due to my lack of talents that I cannot appreciate your thoughtfulness towards me. Yet, it might be you not truly understanding me.

After that, we repeat the chorus followed by the bridge. We once stood in the storm waiting. I made a funny face for you to lighten the atmosphere. You said it was too cold and I immediately set fire on myself.

Finally, we have a slightly different chorus. The youth we had is like the scars we once left one another. Two people become strangers when there are no more words to say. I think I can tolerate that. The streetlights look at us as we ran through the rain. I hope there will be someone who will understand my tears and the rest of my life. I realized that I fall into a trap from the start.

https://youtu.be/N68gRToQx08
    My next cover is another song I wanted to challenge myself. This are songs I kind of know but need more work. It's good to visit them now and see a year from now how much I've improved.

The song is called Wo Zhong Yu Shi Qu Liao Ni (我终于失去了你). This song translates into I Finally Lost You.

The first verse goes as follows. When everyone has left me, you told me to patiently wait. You were there with me through the harshest winters of my life and showing how much you cared. When I am surrounded by everyone, you told me to stay at peace. You seem to know that I have an unsettled heart and easily do stupid things.

Then, we have the bridge. I finally made thousands of hands wave before me. I finally own thousands of passionate smiles. I finally moved the entire crowd. Yet, I forgot to tell that you will always be in my heart.

Finally, we have the chorus. Ah, I finally lost you in the tightly packed crowd. I finally lost you when my life changed for the better for the first time of my life. Ah, I finally lost you in the tightly packed crowd. I finally lost you when my life changed for the better for the first time of my life. When the applauses come like a tidal wave, I noticed in your eyes the tears that were glistening.

Then, we repeat the whole song.

https://youtu.be/pNoMZKRhtfY
    My next cover is an old classic that I only knew of the chorus. It was fun learning the rest of it.

The song is called Yi Qian Ge Shang Xin De Li You (一千个伤心的理由). This song translates into A Thousand Reasons for Sorrow.

The first verse goes as follows. I no longer have the person I loved. Many stories have sorrowful reasons. My love cannot last forever this time. Can I still get a chance at someone I missed in life?

Then, we have the second verse. A heart that experienced love has no other desires. Many stories have sorrowful reasons. My love cannot last forever this time. I cannot stop on the road I used to walk on.

Next, we have the chorus. A thousand reasons for sorrow. A thousand reasons for sorrow. In the end, my love becomes antiquated in our story. A thousand reasons for sorrow. A thousand reasons for sorrow. In the end, I was forgotten in other people's stories.

Finally, we repeat the second verse followed by the chorus twice.

https://youtu.be/oPEnIyr_11I
    I'm going to revisit the songs I've done so I can see my progress and what I still need to work on. All songs I've previously done will be redone.

https://youtu.be/18Qpny4RLsg
    Hi @Rick_amateur

Hope your doing well had a listen to your song not heard you in a while, lots of improvements in your singing mate, pitch, support and tone has improved alot its sounding more natural. these improvements do take time but what a difference you've definately acheiving your quest to be a better singer. Kinda miss the song assignments we all used to do maybe sometime we could get it started.

Awesome progress Rick well done

George
    Hi @Vocality

I'm doing alright! Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the feedback! Still have a lot of room to improve but the important thing is the journey which I'm thoroughly enjoying.

We can definitely try starting a new assignment starting October. You can pick a song and I'll pick a song. I'll start the thread in October and you can nominate a song then. I agree that those song assignments are pretty great.

Thanks for the kind words!

Rick
    @Rick_amateur

Hey Rick yes I am fine now been suffering sciatic leg pain and now its settled down back to my normal routines.

That would be great to start the song assignments, think it's important to have a low and high range song and think students could benefit from feedback within the KTVA forum. Also like to add not necessarily looking for polished renditions no pressure feedback from current standing whatever the issues can help to progress the student singers.

Hopefully we can get a good up take this time!!!!

George :)