Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Justin Bieber - Anyone cover

Recently I posted my new cover here, any critical feedback is appreciated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68h42iPvtAI

I recorded several tracks for vocal and mixed them by myself, I didn't change any pitch and timing so that I can show my real vocal!

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited May 2021
    hard song to sing, just checked out the original (i didn't know it). i think you did a good job. a few things that i noticed:

Justin sounds really relaxed in the verses, which is hard to imitate probably. maybe you could try to approximate it.

you could reduce the consonants, and try to just "brush" them a little bit, instead of pronouncing them so much. you also sound a bit nasally in places. in the chorus, you strain a bit, which is not surprising seeing how high it is. try to sing it a bit lighter, maybe it gets a bit easier.

are you doing vocal exercises of some sort?
  • kazk1210kazk1210 2.0 PRO Posts: 35
    @Klaus_T thank you so much for your comment, it's really helpful!
    I'm doing vocal exercises everyday 30min ~ 1hour, then practice songs

For vocal exercises, I basically follow Volume 3 male exercise, I cannot do them all everyday because there are so many videos on vol 3, so I picked up few of them for each vows
    edited May 2021
    no worries! you should get student's access to the forum if you got the course, there is so much more info to be found on the "other side".

and have you done vol 1 and 2 before you started vol 3?
    @Klaus_T I started from Vol 1 and went through Vol 2, I sometimes go back to Vol 1 and 2 to get some explanation from Ken about open throat
    The reason why I'm using Vol 3 is Vol 3 dude exercises includes the same exercise as Vol 1 and Vol 2.

I checked couple of student demonstration, I could not watch all of them because there are so many videos, haha
    they are similar, but vol 3 is much harder (speed and range, and also longer & harder scales, you need more stamina for it). it is really important to get the basics down first before moving on to vol 3. i am just saying this in general, i am sure you have done it properly

re the student's access, i think you misunderstood me, i meant you should get access to the student's area, best to read this one here:

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/new-students-please-read-this
    @Klaus_T It's true that Vol 3 is a lot harder, haha!
    That's why sometimes I get back to Vol 1 and 2 when I have trouble with Vol 3

Oh I didn't know that student area, I just sent a request!
    Thank you so much for telling it to me!
    sure no problem! you will be amazed what else is going on here :)
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    edited May 2021
    The exercises in volume 3 are quite different and are teaching you certain things that are built upon from 1 and 2. I suggest you stick with volume 1 and 2 to get a really good handle of the fundamentals. If you have any questions regarding this or the course feel free to post it in the student area of the forum. 👍🏼
    @Wigs Thanks, is it better to just work on Vol 1 and 2 for me?
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Post 2 basic ah scales, 1 bridging and 1 stretching chest in the student area. We can tell alot from these scales and let you know how you are going with the course material. From there we can give better guidance on which volume you should concentrate on.

Have you seen this?

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/14670/this-is-how-to-do-volume-1#latest