Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

KTVA 3.0 ?!? :D

OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
Who is excited about 3.0? :smiley:
Anyone who can leak how it looks like etc?

Just saw the e-mail and am planning to get it right after University begins :) (Been taking a long break from singing since finals + covid has been so stressful)

Comments

• OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
    I didn't realise forum staff weren't paid before now, hats off to all of you for the time and effort everyone has placed into the role <3
  • ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    @OliviaWenya That's really kind of you to say. :) And the new course is awesome! Everything is clearly laid out and easily accessible, and it tracks your progress.
  • OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
    edited August 2021
    @Elara Nice, progress tracking was really needed tbh -_- I made myself a really wonky system using my todo-list app, but with my frequent switch of computer I had to reset a bunch of stuff and just gave up in the end
    😅

I look forward to joining in about a months time :)
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I was probably gonna get it anyway cuz already being a member it’s pretty affordable how does it track your progress? Also, the monthly fee can you jump in and periodically jump out then jump back in for the same monthly price or do you have to pay the initial fees again if you jump out
  • ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    @sjonrokz4u For Volume 1 (the only one I've looked at so far) there are 80 days of lessons laid out telling you exactly what you should do on that day. The lesson videos are marked as complete after you watch them so you can easily find where you got to.

Regarding the fees, I think perhaps you should contact KTVA directly with questions. They are very helpful.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    To retain access to the forum do we need to upgrade to Version 3?
  • DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    edited August 2021
    Vocality said:

To retain access to the forum do we need to upgrade to Version 3?

I have this question too, and also I'm wondering if you upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 and then someday cancel your subscription, then you'll lose access to the forum?

This what the FAQ's say on canceling: "Just send us an email at “info@kentamplinvocalacademy.com” stating you wish to cancel your membership. Your streaming will then be turned off, as well as access to the KTVA singers forum – and you will no longer be charged"
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    edited August 2021
    Hm I just took a look... guess it will take some time to get used to it.
    Not sure about it yet.
    Currently I take all the needed scales files for daily workouts and play them via my media player. So I don't have to press "next" and start 30x ... that would be really annoying if this isn't possible anymore 😭
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    @Vocality @DannyOc3an @shining

The forum is broken into categories depending on which course you buy. If you purchase 3.0 (and have already got 1.0 or 2.0) then unsubscribe, you will still have 2.0 or 1.0 access. If you purchase 3.0 on its own then unsubscribe you are no longer a student, then student access will be revoked and that person will only be able to access the public area.

3.0 does seem to have some updated explanations from Ken as well as a much more structured exercise routine. However if you have been with 2.0 for some time and pop into the forums every now and then, your handle of the course material and how to do your workouts should mean that not much changes for you. 2.0 is still relevant and is great for people that may need to do workouts without reception or have the entire thing play through while you are driving for example. Being online though, updates can be applied more frequently so the "play next" feature for 3.0 is possible for the future.
  • bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
    Just signed up. Been on 2.0 pro for 3.5 years, so the new format will take some getting used to.
    Something new to drive the neighbors crazy when I'm practicing!! :)
  • DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    edited August 2021
    @Wigs @shining @highmtn @Elara

Thank you Chris, nice explanation. I may try it to see what's new...

Regarding @shining 's question about having separate tracks and having to click "next" after every workout, what I may suggest to the develpoment team is to include a single track after all the workouts, which contains all the workouts in the same track. Say a 30 minute track, which has the recordings of all the previous tracks, so you can hit PLAY to it and have all the workouts go one after the other.

Something like this:

Volume 1 workouts:

1. LAH scale
    2. LAH/AA scale
    3. EE scale
    4. OH scale
    5. Complete workout <<<----- and this one has all the previous scales in a single track; and can be used as a single play and forget track.

Just a thought... :)
    @DannyOc3an yep this has already been brought to attention. Any other students that have suggestions or queries for 3.0 please put them in this category. :smile:

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/3-0-questions-and-answers
  • Heather_GlynnHeather_Glynn Pro Posts: 2
    edited August 2021
    Hey All - I have a question...

I've been doing 2.0 regularly now since March of last year - right around the time the lockdown started. I started at the beginning and took 4 months per volume. I have progressed to the point where my daily practice now consists of either Volume 3 or 4 all the way through (I alternate, doing Vol. 3 one day, Vol. 4 the next, 3 the next, etc.), and I'll usually - if I have time - follow up with Volume 5 for some "balance" with the mixed voice exercises. I just purchased KTVA 3.0 a few minutes ago, and now I'm just wondering...given that there's so much new material, if you were me, would you just continue on with the same pattern I've been using in 2.0? (Admittedly, I haven't looked around 3.0 yet, so maybe my question is premature. I might just need to jump in, feel my way around and decide for myself.) If anyone does have a suggestion, though, it's much appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I've answered my own question in the interim, and I can't delete this post, so no response is necessary. Thx!
  • TimburTimbur 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
    If you are on the fence about upgrading to 3.0 like I was let me say that the new version is incredible! It takes a little getting used to from a 2.0 standpoint but it is laid out very nicely and there has been a lot added and a lot "cleaned up" from 2.0. Awesome job KTVA.
  • DickLDickL 3.0 Streaming Posts: 11
    Hey,
    How can I retain a link to reset my password that does'nt work? Is my email adress in your spamfilter?

"If your email address exists in our database, you will receive a password recovery link at your email address in a few minutes."

Yes, it is cause I'm recieving e-mails on other subjects but not my password restet.

Regards
    Dick
    @DickL Im sorry mate but we cant help with that issue here. The KTVA support team is seperate from the KTVA forum as far as I know. @highmtn are you able to shed any light on this?
    Wigs said:

@DickL Im sorry mate but we cant help with that issue here. The KTVA support team is seperate from the KTVA forum as far as I know. @highmtn are you able to shed any light on this?

OK, I just don't know how to reach the The KTVA support team, so I posted here.
    @DickL it's ktvahelp@gmail.com
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @DickL

If you have a problem with your forums account not working properly you can write to ktvaforums@gmail.com

Include in your message a screenshot of the error message and the page you are on when you have problems.

Include your KTVA Forums Username.

If it's a password issue, please describe it.

It could be any of a number of simple issues.

If your problem is something to do with your KTVA products, then write to ktvahelp@gmail.com

Please be paitient and help us to sort through whatever your issue is.

highmtn said:

@highmtn

If your problem is something to do with your KTVA products, then write to ktvahelp@gmail.com

Please be paitient and help us to sort through whatever your issue is.

I have sent an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com several days ago without a replay regading my password reset.
    Wondering why?? Do know anything?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Dick,

I have sent you an email. Your password has been reset, and you have been upgraded to 3.0 Student access.

Thanks.

Bob
    Thank you Bob! That took care of one problem. Another problem is I get no replay from ktvahelp@gmail.com
    Do you know why??

Thank you
    Dick.