Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Austrian Rock: "The Stronbow" vocalist Leo Moertl

leoMoceanleoMocean Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
Hi, my name is Leo and for sure I´m not new at KTVA, but after doing some practicing I finally feel encouraged to make my first post here in the introduction area.

Long story short I´ve been singing for 20 years now but must admit that I did it the wrong way most of the time (3 days without voice and stuff like this). When I joined a quite famous Cover Band in Austria with a repertoire from A like AC/DC to Z like Zeppelin I knew that I´d to improve my vocal technique for sure. Just like “Hey I have the guts to be a front man…but I can´t really sing) 😉 But I was so motivated of living my dream that I was ready to get out of my comfort zone and started singing from zero. That was the time I joined KTVA in 2015 and believe me…it was the best idea I´ve ever had.

In the years I learned how to get a “save” distortion in my voice and expanded my range to a before for myself unbelievable and unreachable level that helped me to sing all my favorite songs from the 70s and 80s.

With “The Strongbow” nowadays we rock some important stages of our country (such as the HD – European Bike Week) and last year we started to write our first own song, Proud&Loud, and it made me so proud that I could bring all my range and capacity into it. Here´s where we are now, still hungry to improve, still eager to learn.

Hope you like our first shot, here´s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9b18PutOJw
@KTVA a special thank from the bottom of my heart….you changed my life! <3

Greets from Austria
Leo Moertl

https://the-strongbow.at/
https://de-de.facebook.com/thestrongbow

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Great first post and first demo. You're on a great track, my friend! Be Proud and Loud!

Bob
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    Pretty awesome stuff there, Leo. Glad you were ready to share.

Care to share a few early realizations/transformations you recall when you first started on Ken's course?
  • Options
    leoMoceanleoMocean Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thanx for giving me some great feedback :-)

@Terence, well to sumarize a few of my early realizations/transformations I can say that no mather how good you (think you) can sing at the moment you start working with Ken´s course, no mather how high you can get in tone scale at this point....with the right technique there is always (a lot of) space to improve and still get better and higher.

And a second learning for sure was that learning the correct technique how to breath while singing can open gates that before seemed forever locked. That´s maybe one of the most important realizations. It´s much more easier to start with the correct breathing tecnique right from the start than shift to it in a later stage of the training.

If I may ad a third one it would be that it´s all about consistancy and discipline....in the end while training your voice you build up a complex, interacting structure of muscle.....no one enters into gym and comes out the day after looking like Austrian bodybuilding-idol Schwarzenegger B) ;-)
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    Excellent advice, @leoMocean Thank you!

I will put correct breathing, consistency, and discipline at the top of the list. ...

I see you're in it for the long haul and your voice is already an inspiration.