Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

Getting started and need equipment... help!

Hey guys - I'm new. Been using my KTVA exercises for several years. Started working on learning guitar for several years as well. I'm ready to step out! I want to practice by performing street music and start trying to get some weddings, coffeehouse, etc gigs. I need equipment. A friend recommended the following. Do you agree or disagree. If you disagree, what would you recommend? Also, he didn't recommend any in-ear bugs. Probably because he doesn't sing? I'd like to get some. Will they operate with this equipment? What do you recommend?
Here are his recommendations:
Bose L1 Pro32
Bose T8S
Acoustic Guitar Mic - Shure SM81
Vocal Mic - Shure SM58
Boom stand ×2 (one for vocal one for guitar)
Mic clips

I've not used the forum very much. Excited to hear your thoughts. Is it possible to get Ken's thoughts as well?

Thanks!
Steve

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Ill tag a few others that I remember are or were in bands.
    @Klaus_T @sjonrokz4u @highmtn
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I don't see any headphone output receptacles on those Bose mixers, so you would need some way to get a headphone output of your mix if you wanted to use in-ear monitors.

I use a very simple, small mixer ($100 Alto ZMX22 fx) to run my in-ear monitors.

The Shure mics will be fine for most applications. The Bose speakers will sound good.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    In general in ears are run from an aux out on a mixer, that way you can add whichever channels in to them but in your case it looks like you’re just wanting to do a one man acoustic thing. If that’s all you’re doing I’m not really sure why you’d want to spend the money on iems Their general purpose is when you can’t hear your monitor over the music you can use in ears to block the out side sound and creat an isolated independent mix for yourself and block out a lot of the outside noise. Since itsjust you (if I’m understanding correctly) the MOST you would need is a small monitor and mixer. As far as street music how would you get power?