Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

DELETED

https://kevinwayne.bandcamp.com/track/thats-the-way-god-planned-it-billy-preson-cover

Watching The Beatles "Get Back" documentary caused me to pull out and listen to Billy's 2 Apple albums George Harrison helped him make. Though I'd try a quick cover of this tune. Apologies for the cheap headset mic & Karaoke [?] track.

Seems like I don't get any replies on these anymore - And I even offer comments on others submissions? If I get any email on this, I'll be sure & return the favor B)

Comments

• kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Apologies for it being on private. The headset mic was just too raspy & thin sounding. I re-cut it with EVO 8 & Shure SM7B, and worked a little harder on making it sound decent. Hope you like it~!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You're the second person Ive seen mention this documentary, I better add it to my list. I dont know this song, your voice sounds a bit more matured since your earlier submissions. There is still a bit of work to do with getting tighter pitch and being a bit more contiguous through the phrases, but your passion is still shining.
  • kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Wigs said:

There is still a bit of work to do with getting tighter pitch and being a bit more contiguous through the phrases, but your passion is still shining.

Not to make excuses, or I guess I kind of am? To make a long story short, I was hearing myself repeated back in my own system which def wrecks the concentration~! Anyway, I fixed the problem & re-cut the track this evening. In listening to this take vs the older ones, I'd say this new one's an improvement.