Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Lost my chest voice

MohammadharisMohammadharis Member Posts: 20
edited April 2022 in Vocal Health and Wellness
I am facing a real problem right now. Just 5 days ago I was able to exercise and sing in much stronger chest voice not that much as I am still working on my voice but still stronger and now for the past five days I am struggling to stretch my chest voice as it becomes very weak .I am doing everything Ken says in his videos but still not doing that great as I was doing before .What could be the reason behind that? I am not straining as I am using full diaphragmatic support and I am using bright ping sound as Ken tells in his video.can overstretching beyond my limit could be the reason for weaker chest voice?

Comments

• LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    You may have over worked your voice a bit. This has happened to me before when i take on a rigorous practice routine. Take a few days to a week off and then try doing the workouts softly and slowly work your way back up. Hope this helps.
  • MohammadharisMohammadharis Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2022
    Thnks but there's one more thing I want to know that whenever I stretch my chest voice it becomes very weak and thin
    I know stretching it high will make my chest voice thin but even at lower range it's not that strong as it was before.I am not feeling any pain or soreness in my throat. My chest voice becomes very puffy if you what I mean.I can still stretch my voice to that range but not that strong as before and its sound very weak.Do I need to rest my voice to regain strength for my chest voice?
  • LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    Take a rest and go slow and steady. I know we all want to sing the loudest and proudest as fast as possible but growing your voice takes years. I just now (after 3.5 years) go back and sing songs I would always break into head voice for and can sing them fully in chest easily. Just keep practicing but don't over do it. Slow and steady wins the race. We're building muscle and running a marathon not a sprint.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i suggest you post a recording of your stretching exercise in order for us to tell you what is going on. that's the safest way to avoid trouble. you can tag me @Klaus_T when you do so i see the post
  • MohammadharisMohammadharis Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the detailed suggestion.