Homeā€ŗ INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hello from Austria!

Kalypso11Kalypso11 3.0 Volume 1 Posts: 1
Hello everybody,

so great to be here!
Singing has been my biggest love since my childhood days. In my teens, I decided to take singing lessons and saved up all my pocket money for it. Well, the teacher didn't do me any good, but I will surely tell about these bad experiences in another threads here in the future ;)

So I quit these lessons when I was 20 years old, and just sang and had fun and got on "stage" and belted it out - I had no idea what I was doing, but I was feeling good :) Logically this untechnical singing caused me harm on my vocal chords and I started to have problems when I was in my mid 20s. That was the point when I wanted to start over and learn everything correctly.

Sadly, this was the time when I experienced a heavy personal trauma which took a big toll on my life. One result was - I lost my voice. Literally. The psychic shock caused my throat and body to freeze whenever I was trying to sing a note. Even speaking out loud was not possible at this time. For a singer, this is a huge thing as you can imagine....

The "highlight" of this time was the moment at a Christmas Party at my office when some colleagues asked me to sing Silent Night for them (they knew that I had been singing a lot in my earlier days). I stood up, opened my mouth...and nothing came out. Just a wimpery, shaky little tone that could have belonged to a 6 year old. I was ashamed to my bones and never tried to sing again for a long time.

This all was about ten years ago. Now, after a lot of personal healing, I want to start over again vocally - but this time I want to do it right =) And that's what brought me here =)

I'm looking forward to this journey with you!
~Kalypso

Comments