Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

AC-DC Three Covers

I introduced myself in presentation area and the friend @codeowl asked me to hear some AC DC stuff from me.
I would show something newer but I have ready on youtube three recording of 2017, 2018, 2019.
All of them are first versions of the songs. I think to record back again now. But I think are not so bad to show.
The background videos on which I mounted my audio tracks are taken by the Tube.

You shook me all night long (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9yOhzKsYw

Highway to hell (2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFouIALwHI

Thunderstruck (2019)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5xaiX3IqE

I have too a very recent version of thunderstruck made during a one hour live on facebook but I need to separate from the other ones.. (or probably I could post on Youtube that live with the list of songs and propose it on another post in future)

I'll be glad to hear your impression and suggests

Comments

• Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @GianniC,

Hey mate great work on belting out a bit of accadacca :smile:
    I thought Highway To Hell was the best one of the three. Your timing was a bit out on You Shook Me All Night Long, and the melody was a bit out on the verses of Thunderstruck.
    Having said that, they all surpass what I am capable of at the moment :smile: . It sounds like you have a really strong voice, nice tone and I love your enthusiasm mate.

Great work!

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29
    @codeowl
    thank you for your feedback. About Thunderstuck I would like to record it again now, as I completely made me mine during last year. I must hear again You shook Me All Night Long, to work on the timing. Thank you.
  • Options
    @GianniC,

When seeking feedback it is a good plan to just post one song... get some feed back, work on it and then post either the next one or a revised version with what you have learnt. You will prob get more responses with one song at a time, than if you post a stack of songs.
    I know you were just responding to my accadacca challenge here, so no problems there, but just a tip for you with future posts, that will prob see you get more responses :wink:

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Agreed, Highway to Hell is the best offering of the three by far~! You Shook Me was hard to listen to because of the timing. I've moved vocal tracks over to sync them up if that's necessary.

Have to say, Brian Johnson would be a reach for me, so that's great for you. I've pulled off a pretty decent Bon, though Fooled a couple of my friends.
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Your Phil Collins is not half bad, either~!
  • Options
    GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29

Agreed, Highway to Hell is the best offering of the three by far~! You Shook Me was hard to listen to because of the timing. I've moved vocal tracks over to sync them up if that's necessary.

Have to say, Brian Johnson would be a reach for me, so that's great for you. I've pulled off a pretty decent Bon, though Fooled a couple of my friends.

I think I'll take your suggest to work again on you shook me all night long.

Thanks for your compliment on Phil Collins.
    As I mentioned in my introduction to the forum my tastes are various and I like to sing very different things going from jazz to heavy. Probably AC DC has not been my first choice to introduce myself if not request... but at the same time I think it have been a good test. It's better a confrontation on things needing more to work on than showing my best works to take some "like".

So I think I will share other tracks I'm working on to improve them.
    Altough the tempation to look for a like, sharing the best.. is high for everyone, I suppose.
  • Options
    @GianniC, great attitude mate!
  • Options
    SteveStanSteveStan 2.0 PRO Posts: 81
    edited May 2022
    I enjoyed those, thanks for posting :)

Fun fact, I used to listen to Live at River Plate quite often. But I forgot the CD in a car as I traded it in (along with 5 other CDs in the CD changer, yikes). I liked AC/DC but never was a huge fan and being too busy and listening to music rarely, I did not return to AC/DC for years.

Now that I am here and interested in the mechanics of vocals :) I went back to River Plate via Spotify and did not like the vocals which always struck me as weird when I did not know better how to define their weirdness:); don't strike me as very powerful either. I also listened to the isolated vocals of Thunderstruck (on youtube) and was quite disappointed. I like dirty sound, but even for my taste the sound is too dirty, tightly packaged between A4-C5 or so, with some huge spikes down and up that don't seem to serve a purpose. I may be totally off, I am just a beginner but this is my take at this point in time.

Intanto, e' un peccato che pochissimi hanno visto le video su YouTube.